Perma-Chink Log End Seal - 1 Gallon Pail
Perma Chink Log End Seal – End Grain Sealer
Log End Seal is designed to protect exposed log ends from deterioration due to the elements. Sunlight, wind, rain, snow, and ice all play a role in degrading wood surfaces. This is especially true for log ends where the end grain is exposed and cracks and checks are prone to develop. Even if the ends are coated with a quality stain, the exposed end grain of the wood acts like small straws drawing water into the log. This gives rot and decay an opportunity to start. If left unprotected, log or log corner replacement may eventually be required.
Log End Seal is a clear finish that prevents water from penetrating into log ends thus providing a layer of protection against sun, wind, and weather damage.
For use exclusively with PermaChink Lifeline wood finishes.
Perma Chink Log End Seal Application Methods:
Perma Chink Log End Seal Coverage Rate:
• 30-40 square feet / gallon or 180 x 6" log ends.
Perma Chink Log End Seal Application Instructions:
• Application temperature is between 40° F to 90° F.
• Use Log End Seal as needed depending on the climate and weather exposure.
1. Thoroughly sand all exposed log ends, taking care not to leave heavy sanding marks or gouges.
2. Apply any Lifeline™ brand exterior stain to the entire home, including the log ends.
3. When the Lifeline stain has dried, apply Log End Seal with a brush, pad or trowel taking care to completely cover the exposed log end. Try to avoid leaving brush marks or uncoated areas on the ends. Wipe off any excess that may have worked its way onto the sides of the logs.
4. Let the Log End Seal dry and finish with a Lifeline topcoat over the entire home.
Perma Chink Log End Seal Special Instructions:
• Apply Lifeline stain to the entire home, including the log ends.
• When the Lifeline has dried, apply Log End Seal with a brush, taking care to completely cover the exposed log end. Wipe off any extra that may have worked its way onto the sides of logs.
• Apply Log End Seal before applying Lifeline clear topcoat.
• Wash equipment and brushes with a soap and warm water.
Perma Chink Log End Seal Clean Up & Drying Time:
• Wash equipment and brushes with soap and warm water.
• Dried Log End Seal may be removed with alcohol.
• Dry to the touch in 1-3 hours.
Perma Chink Log End Seal Shelf Life:
• Log End Seal has a shelf life of 1 year.
|Stain Use Area||Logs, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info||
Permachink How-To Guides For Log End Seal: