Log-Gevity Log Stain & Stabilizer
Log-Gevity™ Log Stain & Stabilizer is designed as the first step in a two-step finish for use with the Log-Gevity Log Finish Coat.
Log Stain & Stabilizer may be used on horizontal and vertical wood surface.
Log-Gevity™ Log Stain & Stabilizer is designed to protect logs from ultraviolet radiation, water intrusion, and ultimate log/wood degradation by integrating metallic UV inhibitors, zinc borates, with water repellants within its formula.
Log-Gevity™ Log Stain & Stabilizer extends color fastness while addressing certain harsh elevation and climate conditions. Log-Gevity™ Log Stain & Stabilizer stabilizes the wood, protecting the second semi-transparent coat by bonding with the initial pre-finished/stabilized wood.Log Stain & Stabilizer Product Features
• Metallic UV inhibitors.
• Zinc Borates.
• Titanium Dioxide.
• Water Repellants.
• Trans-oxide pigments.
• Deep penetrating, solvent-borne carriers.
Log Stain & Stabilizer Product Benefits
• Minimizes UV degradation.
• Minimizes water intrusion.
• Extends color fastness.
• Protects future finishes from failing, cracking, chipping, peeling and premature fading.
• Compatible with Log-Gevity™ Log Chinking Glide.
• Can be used on decks, sidewalls, roofs, and dimensional lumber.
• Non-film forming.
Log Stain & Stabilizer Coverage Rates
• New, dense or unseasoned logs/wood: approximately 300 to 400 sq. ft. per gallon.
• Old, seasoned or weathered logs/wood: approximately 100 to 200 sq. ft. per gallon.
• Shake roof surfaces: approximately 125 sq. ft. per gallon.
• If the logs/wood are extremely porous, the coverage rate will be less than 100 sq. ft. due to the absorption rate of the logs/wood.
• Both surface and air temperature must be above 50°F.
Log Stain & Stabilizer Application Instructions
• Apply Log-Gevity Stain & Stabilizerwith a brush, staining pad, low pressure (HVLP) sprayer or airless sprayer.
• When using a sprayer always back brush the product into the surface.
• Apply as much Log Stain & Stabilizer as the logs/wood will absorb to reach a uniform appearance.
• Keep a wet edge to avoid lap marks.
• A top coat of Log-Gevity Log Finish Coat may then be applied with a brush, low pressure (HVLP) sprayer or airless sprayer.
• Dry time: Under optimal conditions Log Stain & Stabilizer will flash dry in approximately 30 minutes.
• Clean up: Use mineral spirits or dish detergent and water.
• If Log-Gevity Stain & Stabilizer comes in contact with surfaces such as glass, paint, metal, caulking or rubber, remove immediately with soap and water.
Log-Gevity Log Stain and Stabilizer Colors:
• Log-Gevity Stain and Stabilizer is available in both Log-Gevity Signature Color Tones: Cedar Tone Gold, Cedar Tone Brown, Cedar Clear, Golden Honey and Dark Taupe; as well others including: Cabin Brown, Dove Gray, Pickled White, Redwood, Weathered Gray, Cedar Cocoa, Terra Cotta, Stone Hedge, Forest Green, Historic Green, Weathered Creosote, Warm Redwood, Taupe, Solid Beige. All Colors attain a natural wood glow after application.
|Stain Use Area||Logs, Siding, Decks, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info|