Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Translucent Stain
FREE SHIPPING ON 5 GALLON PAILS TO CONTINENTAL USA.
Free Ground Shipping on 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free shipping for 5 gallon pails of this product purchased online and shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
Sikkens Proluxe. The same great Sikkens formula you know and trust, slightly different labels.
The high quality formula that is synonymous with the Sikkens name is exactly the same as before. Only the name is changing. You can be confident that the product is the same in the can regardless of whether the name is Sikkens or ProLuxe . Please click here, here, or here for further information from PPG on this change.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol® SRD Wood Finish offers a non-film forming, high-quality, translucent oil-based finish for a variety of exterior wood surfaces such as logs, siding, rails, decks and deck furniture. This easy to use, one-coat formula incorporates finely ground transparent iron oxide pigments that provide a rich, natural color.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Recommended Uses
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD can be used on the following: Log Walls, Siding, Garage Doors, Outdoor Furniture, Trim, Windows, Fences, Entrance Doors, Log Homes, Shakes and Shingles, and Boat Docks.
• Cetol SRD can be used on many species of wood such as cedar, fir, pine, spruce, and redwood.
• Cetol SRD is not compatible over other existing Sikkens Proluxe systems.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Key Features and Benefits
• Easy, One-Coat Application - Easy to Use.
• Translucent Iron Oxide Pigments - Excellent UV protection and wood grain clarity.
• Good for Decks and Siding - Multi-use product for a variety of applications.
• Highly microporous for areas subjected to high moisture.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Color Chart
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Color Visualization Tool
• You can model what your home would look like with Sikkens Proluxe Cetol finishes using the Sikkens Proluxe "Color Your Home" website.
• Please note that colors render differently on different computers and may not precisely match the color of your delivered stain.
• Sample color cans are also available for purchase if you would like to test how your home will look with any particular color.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Coverage Rate
• Coverage areas per coat for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD as follows:
• On rough and weathered surfaces, 150-250 sq. ft./gallon.
• On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 300-400 sq ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Translucent Stain Colors:
• Natural Oak (005), Dark Oak (009), Mahogany (045), Butternut (072), Cedar (077), Natural (078), Teak (085), Redwood (089)
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Shipping
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD may not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. restrictions.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Use Restrictions
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD RE is a reduced-emission version of Cetol SRD Stain. The following states and counties have designated that only the reduced-emission versions may be shipped into their areas.
• Cetol SRD RE should be used in place of Cetol SRD for the following states: CA, CT, DC, DE, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, and N.E. Corner of Virginia (Counties - Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania & Stafford; Cities - Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, & Manassas Park). Cetol SRD RE is only available in the above mentioned areas.
2019 Name Update:
• PPG has announced that Proluxe Cetol SRD Wood Finish will now be known as Proluxe SRD Wood Finish. Please click here for further details on this change.
PPG Proluxe 2020 Manufacturer's Rebate Forms:
• PPG Proluxe Rebate June 2020
|Stain Use Area||Logs, Siding, Decks, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info||
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Resources
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Application Methods
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Dry Time
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Preparation Instructions
Previously Coated Wood - Previous stains, varnishes or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed prior to application of Cetol SRD Wood Finish. After removal of previous coatings, clean and prepare surface as specified above.
New Wood - Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Pressure treated wood must be properly seasoned, dry with a moisture content of 18% or less and free of salts and other water soluble materials before applying stain. Water- repellent treated lumber requires one year minimum of weathering prior to cleaning and application.
Exotic Hardwoods - Ipe, mahogany, iron wood, tiger wood and teak woods exhibit a dense cell structure which may reduce the ability of a coating to penetrate the wood surface. Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Immediately prior to applying coating, wipe surface with acetone.
Checking Moisture Content Before Staining:
• Fill all joints, cracks and nail holes with a quality acrylic latex caulk/filler such as Perma Chink Energy Seal or Weatherall UV Guard Premium Caulk prior to applying Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD.
• Any cracks or checks that are upward facing which can hold water need to be sealed immediately to prevent any future rot or decay.
• Some larger cracks may need Closed Cell Backer Rod to help insulate and fill the space in ensure a proper seal.
• An annual inspection of all corners, butt joints, windows and doors is helpful in insulating and maintaining the life of your log home.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Application Information
NOTE: Tannin containing woods such as redwood, red cedar, mahogany, douglas fir, etc. contain tannic acid which tends to migrate to the surface and can discolor the finish. The discoloration is not harmful and can usually be removed by cleaning with a solution of four (4) ounces of oxalic acid to one gallon of warm water. Apply with a garden sprayer or heavy nap roller cover. Allow to sit on surface for 20 min. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. DO NOT ALLOW solution to dry on wood surface.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Cleanup & Shelf Life
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Maintenance Instructions
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Application Do’s and Don’ts