Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log & Siding Stain
FREE SHIPPING ON 5 GALLON & 1 GALLON PAILS TO CONTINENTAL USA.
5 GAL. & 1 GAL. PAILS OF NATURAL (078) & CEDAR (077) ARE TEMPORARILY ON BACKORDER BUT WE ARE TAKING PRE-ORDERS.
1 GAL. AND 5 GAL. PAILS: ADD TO CART TO SEE DISCOUNTED PRICE. DISCOUNT IS SHOWN IN CART SUMMARY.
MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE - DISCOUNT APPLIED IN CART
Our prices on 1 gallon and 5 gallon pails of this stain are lower than the manufacturer's "minimum advertised price". As a result, a discount will be automatically applied in the cart. You have no obligation to purchase the product once you see the discounted amount. You can simply remove the item from your cart.
Free Ground Shipping on 1 Gallon and 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free shipping for 1 gallon and 5 gallon pails of this product shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
Sikkens Proluxe. The same great Sikkens formula you know and trust, slightly different labels.
The high quality formula that is synonymous with the Sikkens name is exactly the same as before. Only the name is changing. You can be confident that the product is the same in the can regardless of whether the name is Sikkens or ProLuxe . Please click here, here, or here for further information from PPG on this change.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding is a high-performance translucent exterior stain for log homes and wood surfaces. This alkyd high solids formulation offers optimum protection and a premium look in just two coats. The high solids alkyd resin used in Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log & Siding is another example of Sikkens Proluxe’s commitment to providing superior quality wood coatings.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding’s two-coat satin finish creates a protective film that gives siding and logs a premium furniture-like finish that allows all the natural characteristics and grain of the wood to show through. The product creates a durable surface barrier to prevent wood from weathering.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Recommended Usage
• Cetol Log & Siding works well on logs, siding, trim, beams, and garage doors. Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding can be used on species of wood such as cedar, fir, pine, spruce, and redwood.
• Cetol Log & Siding should not be used on horizontal surfaces that may be walked on such as decks. Please check out Cetol SRD or Cetol DEK if you are in need of a premium Sikkens deck stain.
• Cetol Log & Siding is compatible over an existing Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 and Cetol 23 Plus system.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Features and Benefits
• High Solids Alkyd Resin - Fewer coats needed for optimum protection and premium look. Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding utilizes Sikkens Proluxe's patented Next Wave Technology.
• Translucent Iron Oxide Pigments & UV Absorbers - Combination gives high performance UV protection, preventing graying and deterioration.
• Microporosity & Excellent Flexibility – Minimizes blistering and cracking due to expansion and contraction or moisture build up.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Color Chart
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Stain Sample Cans
• We highly recommend that you try a sample can of any new stain color you are considering. The finished color of translucent stains can vary substantially based on species, texture, porosity of wood, and application technique. Sampling on your own wood is inexpensive and the best way to make sure you get the color you want for your home.
• Sikkens Proluxe no longer manufactures new sample cans of Cetol Log and Siding. However, we have several colors available in the 4 oz. factory cans while supplies last. 4 oz. sample cans of all other colors of Cetol Log and Siding are packaged in-house.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Color Visualization Tool
• You can model what your home would look like with Sikkens Proluxe Cetol finishes using the Sikkens Proluxe "Color Your Home" website.
• Please note that colors render differently on different computers and may not precisely match the color of your delivered stain.
• Sample color cans are also available for purchase if you would like to test how your home will look with any particular color.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Coverage Rates
• Coverage areas per coat for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log & Siding as follows:
• On rough and weathered surfaces, 150-225 sq. ft./gallon.
• On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 300-400 sq ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Stain Colors:
• Natural Oak (005) - (SIK42005); Dark Oak (009) - (SIK42009); Butternut (072) - (SIK42072); Cedar (077) - (SIK42077); Natural (078) - (SIK42078); Teak (085) - (SIK42085)
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log & Siding is compatible over an existing Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 and Cetol 23 Plus system.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Shipping
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding may not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. restrictions.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding is not permitted for use in the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) which includes all or part of the following counties of California:
• Los Angeles • Orange • Riverside • San Bernardino
2019 Name Update:
• PPG has announced that Proluxe Cetol Log & Siding Wood Finish will now be known as Proluxe Log & Sidings Wood Finish. Please click here for further details on this change.
Recent PPG Proluxe Manufacturer's Rebate Forms:
• PPG Proluxe Rebate July 2022
|Stain Use Area||Logs, Siding, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info||
Additional Technical Resources for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Stain:
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Application Methods
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Dry Time
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Preparation Instructions
Previously Coated Wood - Previous stains, varnishes or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed prior to application of Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log & Siding. After removal of previous coatings, clean and prepare surface as specified above.
New Wood - Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Pressure treated wood must be properly seasoned, dry with a moisture content of 18% or less and free of salts and other water soluble materials before applying stain. Water- repellent treated lumber requires one year minimum of weathering prior to cleaning and application.
Exotic Hardwoods - Ipe, mahogany, iron wood, tiger wood and teak woods exhibit a dense cell structure which may reduce the ability of a coating to penetrate the wood surface. Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Immediately prior to applying coating, wipe surface with acetone.
Checking Moisture Content Before Staining:
Caulking Cracks, Checks, and Gaps:
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Application Information
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Cleanup & Shelf Life
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Maintenance Instructions
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log & Siding Application Do’s and Don’ts