Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish
Free Ground Shipping on 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free shipping for 5 gallon pails of this product purchased online and shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
Sikkens Proluxe. The same great Sikkens formula you know and trust, slightly different labels.
The high quality formula that is synonymous with the Sikkens name is exactly the same as before. Only the name is changing. You can be confident that the product is the same in the can regardless of whether the name is Sikkens or ProLuxe . Please click here, here, or here for further information from PPG on this change.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish is a high performance, translucent satin finish for exterior decks. This alkyd high solids formulation offers optimum protection, ultimate durability and a beautiful furniture-like furniture finish appearance with the simplicity of a one product, two coat application.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish’s two-coat satin finish creates a protective film that gives deck surfaces a premium furniture-like finish that allows the natural characteristics and grain of the wood to show through. The product creates a durable surface barrier to prevent wood from weathering. Cetol DEK Finish is available in four rich shades and has a satin sheen.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Recommended Usage
• Sikkens Cetol DEK can be used on decks, lattice, railings, and benches.
• Sikkens Cetol DEK may be used on: Pressure Treated Wood, Pine, Hardwoods, Cedar, Redwood, Composite Wood and Materials.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Key Features and Benefits
• High Solids Alkyd - Fewer coats needed for optimum protection and premium look.
• Translucent Iron Oxide Pigments & UV Absorbers - Combination gives high performance UV protection preventing graying and deterioration.
• Excellent Microporosity and Flexibility - Minimizes blistering and cracking due to expansion and contraction or moisture build-up.
• Added Silica - Improves the wear and tear properties and adds longevity to the finish.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Dek Color Chart
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish Sample Cans
• We highly recommend that you try a sample can of any new stain color you are considering. The finished color of translucent stains can vary substantially based on species, texture, porosity of wood, and application technique. Sampling on your own wood is inexpensive and the best way to make sure you get the color you want for your home.
• Sikkens Proluxe no longer manufactures new sample cans of Cetol DEK Finish. However, we have several colors available in the 4 oz. factory cans while supplies last. 4 oz. sample cans of all other colors of Cetol DEK Finish are packaged in-house.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish Color Visualization Tool
• You can model what your home would look like with Sikkens Proluxe Cetol finishes using the Sikkens Proluxe "Color Your Home" website.
• Please note that colors render differently on different computers and may not precisely match the color of your delivered stain.
• Sample color cans are also available for purchase if you would like to test how your home will look with any particular color.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish Coverage Rates
• Coverage areas per coat for Cetol DEK Finish as follows:
• On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 350-450 sq ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Should I Use Cetol DEK Finish or Cetol SRD for my deck?
1. Does your deck have lattice or no skirting?
2. Is your deck a minimum of 2 feet above the ground?
3. Are the deck floor boards spaced at at least 3/16" - 1/4" nail holes?
4. Is the deck wood free from cracks, splits, rot and large nail holes?
5. Is your deck free from areas of moisture (i.e. hot tubs, swimming pools, sprinkler systems, etc.)?
6. Are you willing to sand the horizontal boards with 60 - 80 grit sandpaper for preparation?
7. Can you coat the underside and end grains of your deck boards?
**If you answered YES to all seven questions, then Cetol DEK would be a great choice for your deck. If you answered NO to one of the questions, then Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD would be a better choice for your deck.**
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Exterior Stain Colors: Natural Oak (005) - (SIK44005); Mahogany (045) - (SIK44045), Cedar (077) - (SIK44077); Natural (078) - (SIK44078)
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish Shipping
• Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish may not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. restrictions.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish Use Restrictions
Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish is not permitted for use in the South Coast Air Quality Managment District (SCAQMD) which includes all or part of the following counties of California:
• Los Angeles • Riverside • San Bernardino • Orange
2019 Name Update:
• PPG has announced that Proluxe Cetol DEK Wood Finish will now be known as Proluxe Premium Deck Wood Finish. Please click here for further details on this change.
|Stain Use Area||Decks, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info||
Additional Resources for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish:
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Application Methods
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish Dry Time
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Preparation Instructions
New, Uncoated Deck Surfaces - Prepare wood surfaces by mechanically sanding with 60 – 80 grit sandpaper.
Weathered, Uncoated Deck Surfaces - Cleaning Recommendations:
New Wood - Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Pressure treated wood must be properly seasoned, dry with a moisture content of 18% or less and free of salts and other water soluble materials before applying stain. Water-repellent treated lumber requires one year minimum of weathering prior to cleaning and application.
Exotic Hardwoods - Ipe, mahogany, iron wood, tiger wood and teak woods exhibit a dense cell structure which may reduce the ability of a coating to penetrate the wood surface. Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Immediately prior to applying coating, wipe surface with acetone.
Previously Coated Wood - Previous stains, varnishes or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed prior to application of Cetol DEK Finish. After removal of previous coatings, clean and prepare surface as specified above.
Checking Moisture Content Before Staining:
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish Application Information
NOTE: Tannin containing woods such as redwood, red cedar, mahogany, douglas fir, etc. contain tannic acid which tends to migrate to the surface and discolor the stain, especially noticeable when using white or light colors. The discoloration is not harmful and can usually be removed. Apply a cleaning solution of four (4) ounces of oxalic acid to one gallon of warm water using a garden sprayer or a heavy nap roller cover. Allow solution to dwell on surface for 20 minutes then thoroughly rise with clean water. DO NOT ALLOW solution to dry on wood surface.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Cleanup & Shelf Life
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Maintenance Instructions
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK Finish Application Do’s and Don’ts