1x6 Cypress Tongue & Groove Paneling
1x6 Cypress Tongue and Groove is an exceptional choice for your home. Popular for its durability and versatile nature, Cypress is ideal for both interior and exterior installation. Gaining in popularity due to its strength and availability, Cypress is widely used for decking, siding, ceiling, floors, moldings, and more. Naturally resistant to decay, harsh weather, and insects, Cypress wood has a beautiful golden color that is easily maintained with a sealant. Cypress easily accepts finishes including stains, paints, and sealers, but if left untreated, will over time weather to a lovely silvery-gray. Add durability, warmth, and charm to your home with beautiful cypress tongue and groove.
1x6 Cypress Tongue and Groove Features and Benefits:
• Quick and Easy Installation.
• Precision Milled, Solid Wood Tongue and Groove.
• Durable and Versatile.
• Resistant to Decay, Rot, and Insects due to the naturally-occurring Cypressene oil found in the heartwood.
• Accepts Finishes Easily.
• Stack Height: 5 1/4"
• Thickness: 3/4”
• Grade: NHLA #2 Common Grade.
• Drying Method: Kiln Dried.
• Texturing: Reversible Rough Face / Smooth Face
• Profile: V-Edge on both faces.
• Available Lengths: 8’- 16’ Specified piece counts are available depending on current stock at time of order.
• Minimum Order Quantity: This profile is available as a special order. The manufacturer requires an order minimum of 1,000 lf to produce this profile.
• Lead Time: Special order - 3 weeks typical lead time.
• Typical Weight per linear foot: 3/4 lb./lf
• Preferred Fastener: Stainless Steel Nail or Screw.
• Cutting Waste: Recommended approximately 5%-10% for walls, 15%-25% for gable ends depending on roof angle.
• Hewing Option: Hand Hewing or Draw Knifing is not available on this profile.
• Shipping Options: Flat-bed tractor trailer, Roll Back, LTL Carrier. Shipping method is determined based on location and order size to minimize cost.
• Please Note: The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. Twin Creeks reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without notice.
You can calculate the coverage for the tongue and groove using our Tips page: How Do I Determine How Much Lumber I Need? Please call us if you would like a free takeoff for your project as well.
1x6 Cypress Tongue & Groove Paneling Resources:
Cypress Siding Installation
Our 1x6 Cypress Tongue and Groove paneling is ready for installation once received on your jobsite. However, wood will shrink and swell with any changes in moisture content and weather. To minimize dimensional change after installation, install tongue and groove at a moisture content that matches with local climate as closely as possible. If climate in a particular region causes wood to maintain 8% to 13% moisture content annually, then the most ideal tongue and groove would be installed at a moisture content within that range, and the material would be stored, stickered and protected for a week to ten days prior to application.
With any unfinished interior wood, applying a quality finish to all surfaces (including the ends) is recommended. An interior finish protects the wood from moisture absorption and UV degradation, and helps prevent any finger stains caused by touching the unfinished wood. On occasion, the tongue and groove may have a mill glaze that is produced when the material is manufactured through the planer. When mill glaze occurs, it is recommended to remove it by sanding prior to staining or clear coating the wood. Sanding is not recommended as a first option unless every piece is sanded. We offer a wide selection of Water Based Interior Finishes that we can recommend based on the final sheen level and look that is desired. Most interior finishes do not have to be re-coated or reapplied depending on the UV exposure to your home. You can find all of the interior stains and finish products that we carry at https://www.twincreeksloghomes.com/interior-stains.html.
Storage Prior To Application:
Until installed, all tongue and groove needs protection from direct sunlight, water saturation, snow, ice, dirt, and other elements. Ideally, the tongue and groove should be stored in an enclosed building such as a garage prior to use. It is best to store the tongue and groove flat and off the ground with a vapor barrier so that moisture is not absorbed through the bottom boards of the stack. If stored outside, the siding should be protected with a waterproof covering elevated in the center so that water does not pool on the cover. We also recommend that you do not completely seal the bundle, as good air circulation is required to prevent any blue stain or molding.
|Edge Profile||Edge-V Tongue & Groove|
|Guides / Product Info|