Our Kiln-Dried 1x12 White Pine Tongue and Groove is versatile and easy to install. Tongue and groove paneling boards are able to be installed horizontally, vertically, or diagonally and can be used for interior or exterior applications. The 1x12 tongue and groove boards are kiln-dried to reduce the appearance of unfinished lines caused by the effects of shrinking and swelling.
Features and Benefits:
• Quick and Easy Installation. ~ Great for Do-It-Yourself or weekend projects.
• Precision Milled, Solid Wood Tongue and Groove.
• Flexibility and Versatility ~ Tongue and Groove can be Installed to any Existing Home or Building.
• Kiln Dried ~ Low Moisture Content to prevent shrinkage and swelling.
• Reversible Smooth Surface ~ Ready to install and finish with final stain or clear coat.
• Stack Height: 11"
• Thickness: 3/4"
• Available Lengths: 8', 10’, 12’, 14’, and 16'. Specified piece counts are available depending on current stock at time of order.
• Grade: NeLMA Standard Grade.
• Fastener Types: Stainless Steel Nail or Screw.
• Cutting Waste: We recommended estimating approximately 5%-10% for walls, 15%-25% for gable ends depending on roof angle.
• Typical Weight per linear foot: 1 1/2 lbs./lf
• Profile: Milled Smooth.
• Hewing Option: Hand Hewing or Draw Knifing is not available on this profile.
• Shipping Options: Flat-bed tractor trailer, Roll Back, LTL Carrier. Shipping method is determined based on location and order size to minimize cost.
**When shipping via LTL carrier, pallets longer than 12' are subject to a $150 fee by the carrier for Overlength Freight.**
• Please Note: The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. Twin Creeks reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without notice.
You can calculate the coverage for the tongue and groove using our Tips page: How Do I Determine How Much Lumber I Need? Please call us if you would like a free takeoff for your project as well.
Our Kiln Dried 1x12 White Pine Tongue and Groove paneling is ready for installation once received on your jobsite. However, wood will shrink and swell with any changes in moisture content and weather. According to NeLMA, to minimize dimensional change after installation, install tongue and groove at a moisture content that matches with local climate as closely as possible. If climate in a particular region causes wood to maintain 8% to 13% moisture content annually, then the most ideal siding would be installed at a moisture content within that range, and the material would be stored, stickered and protected for a week to ten days prior to application.
With any unfinished interior or exterior wood, applying a quality finish to all surfaces (including the ends) is recommended. An interior or exterior finish protects the wood from moisture absorption and UV degradation, and helps prevent any finger stains caused by touching the unfinished wood. On occasion, the tongue and groove may have a mill glaze that is produced when the material is manufactured through the planer. When mill glaze occurs, it is recommended to remove it by sanding prior to staining or clear coating the wood. Sanding is not recommended as a first option unless every piece is sanded. We offer a wide selection of Interior finishes and Exterior finishes that we can recommend based on the final sheen level and look that is desired. Most interior finishes do not have to be re-coated or reapplied depending on the UV exposure to your home. You can find all of the interior stains and finish products that we carry at our Interior Stains page and all of your exterior finish needs at our Exterior Stains page.
Storage Prior To Application:
Until installed, all tongue and groove needs protection from direct sunlight, water saturation, snow, ice, dirt, and other elements. Ideally, the tongue and groove should be stored in an enclosed building such as a garage prior to use. It is best to store the tongue and groove flat and off the ground with a vapor barrier so that moisture is not absorbed through the bottom boards of the stack. If stored outside, the siding should be protected with a waterproof covering elevated in the center so that water does not pool on the cover. We also recommend that you do not completely seal the bundle, as good air circulation is required to prevent any blue stain or molding.
Thank you for your inquiry about our T&G paneling. I do carry an end-matched T&G in spruce which comes in sizes of 1x6 and 1x8. The 1x6 runs $0.67/lf and the 1x8 runs $0.89/lf. If this is something that I can help you with, please feel free to contact me at (423)477-3107. I look forward to helping you!