Osborn Round Abrasive Cup Brush
Osborn Buffing Brushes are used to smooth away excess wood fiber from your logs caused by chemical stripping, pressure washing, or corn cob blasting. Osborn Buffing Brushes are made with nylon filaments coating instead of metal, which prevents any potential rusting. Rated for up to 6000 RPM, it is suggested that the brushes be operated at 1800 RPM speed. By slowing the speed down, the life span of the brush is greatly increased as well as minimizing the possibility of burning the logs.
Osborn Buffing Brush Features & Benefits:
• Offers optimal performance on irregular surfaces such as logs.
• Premium quality nylon filaments filled with Silicon Carbide abrasive to increase effectiveness and brush life.
• 80 or 120 Grit.
• 4” Brush - Use with a 4'', 7” or 9” Variable Speed Polisher or Angle Grinder.
• 6” Brush - Use with a 7'' to 9'' Variable Speed Polisher or Angle Grinder.
Osborn Buffing Brush Uses:
• Surface Preparation Prior to Stain Application.
• Removal of felting, fuzzing or raised grain following pressure washing or media blasting.
Osborn Buffing Brush Pressure:
• Avoid excessive pressure when using a power brush.
• Excessive pressure causes over-bending of the filaments and heat build-up resulting in filament breakage, rapid dulling, and reduced brush life.
• Instead of greater pressure on a brush, it is suggested that you try: (1) a brush with a more aggressive cutting action (increased wire size, decreased filament length, change to a different brush type), or (2) higher speed (increased R.P.M., increase brush diameter.)
• Trim Length: 1-1/2
• Filament: Novofil NN-S
• Ø Bore: 5/8-11
• Ø Filament: 0.04
• Specification Details: Osborn ATB Cup Brush with Round Trim