X-100 Natural Seal Deck Stain
X-100 Natural Seal® Deck Stain is an oil based, penetrating water repellant for use on decks. X-100 Natural Seal® Deck Stain is designed to penetrate the wood, protecting against cracking, splitting, cupping, curling, sap stain, mold and mildew and against the environmental forces of wind, rain, snow, ice and sun.
X-100 Natural Seal® Deck Stain is V.O.C. compliant and is available in transparent and semi-transparent stains. X-100 Natural Seal® Deck Stain is for use on wood decks including cedar, redwood, pine, plywood, T1-11, cypress and fir.
• New, dense or unseasoned wood 300-400 sq. ft. per gallon, depending on porosity of surface.
• Old, seasoned or weathered wood 200-300 sq. ft. per gallon, depending on porosity of surface.
• Low Pressure Sprayer If using a low pressure sprayer always back brush into surface.
Wood Surface Preparation:
• Surface Preparation: Proper surface preparation is vital. Product performance and durability are directly affected and will be impaired by unsound or poorly prepared surfaces. It is crucial that the surface be clean of all dirt, mildew, tannin stains, loose wood fibers and other foreign matter. Surfaces must be absolutely dry and in good condition.
• Existing Coating: Strip the existing finish with Super Bio Strip™ or ABR Fast Finish Remover®. Finish the removal process by cleaning the wood with X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer™.
Please Note: Before beginning removal process test to determine removal product suitability, dwell time and dilution ratio if applicable. Failure to remove the existing coating will cause unsatisfactory finish results. Removal of the existing coating by methods other than what is specified may produce unsatisfactory finish results.
• Weathered Wood: Wood with no finish that is simply weathered should be cleaned with X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer™ and a stiff bristle brush, or power washed (with low pressure) to remove the surface layer of all loose wood fibers, dirt, mildew, chalky residue, tannin bleed, nail and metal stains and other foreign matter.
• New Wood: Surface must be dry with moisture below 15%. Remove mill glaze/shiny lumber, tannic acid bleed, rust stains from fasteners, weathered grey and dirty wood with X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer™.
• Mildew: Remove mildew on the surface prior to staining with X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer™ (see surface preparation). Mildew is not caused by the stain, nor does it indicate stain failure.
• Extractive Bleeding: Extractive bleeding is not caused by the stain, nor is it a stain failure. Use X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer™ to remove discoloration caused by extractive bleeding. Follow directions on label.
Stain Application Tips:
• A test area should be performed before beginning overall project to determine the amount of X-100 Natural Seal® Deck Stain the wood will absorb and dry time to achieve the desired look.
• Fully protect all adjacent surfaces, as well as the general work area.
• When spraying near vegetation, cover plant life with cardboard or other suitable material in case of overspray.
• Stain color will vary depending upon the color and porosity of the wood surface.
• Do not apply when air or surface temperature is below 50ºF.
• Do not apply over wet or damp surfaces or when rain is imminent.
• Do not apply over previously painted or sealed surfaces, metal, masonry or to fresh stucco.
• Do not thin this product.
• Not intended for interior use. For exterior use only.
1. Mix X-100 Natural Seal® Deck Stain well before using. Apply with a brush or low pressure sprayer.
2. Apply as much X-100 Natural Seal® Deck Stain as the wood will absorb.
3. To avoid runs and streaking, back brush product into all surfaces before drying. Work vigorously into all surfaces.
• Allow at least 24 hours to dry.
• Helpful Hints: For further protection, apply X-100 Natural Seal® Deck Stain on all sides of the wood.
• Use mineral spirits or dish detergent and water.
• If X-100 Natural Seal® Deck Stain should get on surfaces such as glass, paint, metal, caulking or rubber, remove immediately with dish detergent. If a spill is dry, clean with mineral spirits.
X-100 Natural Seal Deck Stain Colors:
Cabin Brown, Cabin Gray, Cedartone Brown, Cedartone Gold, Chamois, Clear, CoCo, Dark Taupe, Dove Gray, Forest Green, Golden Honey, Hampton Gray, Historic Green, Neutral Tint Base, Pickle White, Red Wood, Stone Hedge, Taupe, Terra Cotta, Warm Redwood, Weathered Creosote, Weathered Gray.
|Stain Opacity||Translucent, Semi-Transparent|
|Stain Use Area||Decks|
|Guides / Product Info|