Woodguard SWO - Swedish Wood Oil
Free Ground Shipping on 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free shipping for 5 gallon pails of this product for addresses in the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
Specially designed for pressure-treated lumber, WOODguard® SWO is a clear and colorless protectant designed to help prevent warping, cupping, splitting and nail popping in wood. Acting as a sub-surface lubricant, WOODguard SWO is actually absorbed into wood and bonds with its cell structure. While effectively repelling water, the product’s oils work to lubricate and stabilize the wood.
Features and Benefits
• Superior penetrating, water-repellent treatment.
• Recommended for use on pressure-treated wood decks, docks, pilings, fences, storage buildings and all other pressure-treated wood.
• Clear and colorless to highlight the wood’s natural grain.
• Dries into the wood and will never crack or peel.
• Helps retard warping, cupping, splitting and nail popping.
• Restores wood lubricity typically lost during wood pressure treatment.
• Meets VOC standards in all 50 states. Learn more about VOC emissions.
• SWO is recommended for use on pressure treated wood decks, fences, storage buildings and all other pressure-treated wood construction projects.
• WOODguard SWO dries into the wood and does not provide any color. Application of SWO will give wood an oiled appearance which weathers out to a silvery grey color over time.
• Most alkyd/oil-based stains can be applied over WOODguard SWO after two weeks cure period. It is best to apply this dual treatment first to a small remote surface in order to verify compatibility. Do not attempt to apply latex finishes/stains over SWO.
• Do not tint!
Coverage Rate and Application Methods
• Approximately 250-300 sq. ft/gal. depending on surface condition and wood porosity.
• WOODguard SWO can be brushed, rolled or sprayed.
• One moderate coat is sufficient. Do not over apply.
|Stain Use Area||Decks, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info||
New Decks and Docks
Weathered, Untreated Decks and Docks
When Pressure Washing
Clean Up and Storage