Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish
Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish (TB5284) for wood floors is a clear, tung oil based penetrating sealer and finish all in one. The Original Sealer & Finish is Waterlox's best selling product. Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish can be used as an interior sealer and/or as a semi-gloss finish.
Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish Product Details
• Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish is designed as the sealer/primer and top coat portion of our finishing system which performs best over bare wood.
• Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish can be used on interior wood surfaces including floors, windows, doors, cabinetry, woodwork, tables, furniture, bar tops, picture frames, fly fishing rods, gun stocks, and various woodworking projects.
• Applies easily with a lambswool applicator (floors), China bristle brush, cloth or spray. Sanding is not necessary between coats for adhesion purposes.
• When finished, renders a 75° gloss level (fades to a 50° – 55° gloss level in 4-6 months).
Waterlox Original Sealer Finish Stain Sample Pouches
• We highly recommend that you try a sample can of any new stain color you are considering. The finished color of translucent stains can vary substantially based on species, texture, porosity of wood, and application technique. Sampling on your own wood is inexpensive and the best way to make sure you get the color you want for your home.
Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish Application Instructions
• Coverage: For hardwood species we recommend 3 coats of Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish. For softwood species such as pine, fir or cherry, apply 4 coats of the Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish.
• For best results, apply all coats liberally at approximately 500 square feet per gallon per coat. No thinning necessary.
• Apply all intended coats to a small, inconspicuous area or a scrap piece of wood from the project and allow to dry prior to applying to the entire surface. Final color effect is always influenced by the grain, texture, porosity, species of wood, and by method of application.
• Clean application tools immediately with mineral spirits or turpentine.
• Exceptional adhesion to oily, dense, exotic woods like teak, rosewood (other than Cocobolo), and Ipe.
• Use on porous interior surfaces such as slate, brick, stone, tile, linoleum or cement to seal and prevent chalking and dusting*.
• For exterior projects as a sealer only, use 1-2 coats to prime, followed by 2 coats of Marine Finish.
• Same product as Waterlox Original Marine Sealer.
• *As with all projects, apply to a small test area to be sure that the final result is as expected. For slate, brick, stone and concrete, you may need only one coat to penetrate and seal.
Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish Use Restrictions
• Waterlox is also available in a VOC Compliant formula (TB 6038) for these areas subject to VOC Restrictions: CA, CT, DC, DE, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, and N.E. Corner of Virginia (Counties - Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania & Stafford; Cities - Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, & Manassas Park).
• As VOC Regulations are regularly being changed, please see Waterlox's VOC Compliance Statement and Map for the most up to date details.
|Stain Use Area||Doors / Windows, Floors, Furniture|
|Guides / Product Info|