Waterlox Original Satin Finish
Waterlox Original Satin Finish TB 6044 (formerly TB 6022) for wood floors is a tung oil Finish Coat which provides a Satin Finish when used in conjunction with Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish. Waterlox Original Satin Finish applies easily to your wood floor and leaves a subtle 20°-25° Gloss Level.
Waterlox Original Satin Finish can be used as a finish coat for a satin finish on all interior wood projects including floors, wood countertops, windows, doors, cabinetry, woodwork, tables, furniture, bar tops, picture frames, gun stocks, and various woodworking projects.
Waterlox Original Satin Finish Product Details
• Waterlox Original Satin Finish is designed as the top coat portion of our finishing system which performs best over bare wood.
• Waterlox Original Satin Finish applies easily with a lambswool applicator (floors), quality China bristle brush or one recommended for use with oil-based paints. Sanding is not necessary between coats for adhesion purposes.
• Coverage: For hardwood species we recommend 2 coats of Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish followed by 1 coat of Waterlox Original Satin Finish. For softwood species such as pine, fir or cherry, apply 2 coats of the Waterlox Original Sealer & Finish.
Waterlox Original Satin Finish Product Uses
• For best results, apply all coats liberally at approximately 500 square feet per gallon per coat. No thinning necessary.
• Apply all intended coats to a small, inconspicuous area or a scrap piece of wood from the project and allow to dry prior to applying to the entire surface. Final color effect is always influenced by the grain, texture, porosity, species of wood, and by method of application.
• Clean application tools immediately with mineral spirits or turpentine.
• Waterlox Original Satin Finish contains flattening agent which can settle to the bottom of the can. Stir contents thoroughly before and during use.
Waterlox Original Satin Finish Sample Pouches
• We highly recommend that you try a sample of any new stain color you are considering. The finished color of translucent stains can vary substantially based on species, texture, porosity of wood, and application technique. Sampling on your own wood is inexpensive and the best way to make sure you get the color you want for your home.
Waterlox Original Satin Finish Use Restrictions
• Waterlox Satin Finish is also available in a VOC Compliant formula (TB 6035) for these areas subject to VOC Restrictions: CA, CT, DC, DE, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, and N.E. Corner of Virginia (Counties - Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania & Stafford; Cities - Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, & Manassas Park).
As VOC Regulations are regularly being changed, please see Waterlox's VOC Compliance Statement and Map for the most up to date details.
Waterlox Original Satin Finish Product Resources
|Stain Use Area||Doors / Windows, Floors, Furniture|
|Guides / Product Info|