Shell-Guard RTU Wood Preservative
Free Ground Shipping on 5 Gallon Purchases
We are offering free ground shipping for 5 gallon pails of this product purchased online and shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to 2.5 or 1 Gallon Pails, or to shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories.
Perma-Chink Shell-Guard RTU is a ready-to-use borate-based formulation that contains the same active ingredient and glycol carriers that have proven so successful in Shell-Guard Concentrate.
Like Shell-Guard Concentrate, Shell-Guard RTU is colorless, odorless, has a very low level of toxicity to people and pets and is just as effective for preventing wood decay and insect damage to interior and exterior wood members. Shell-Guard RTU is labeled for the control of termites, wood boring beetles, carpenter ants and wood decay fungi.
Since it is ready-to-use, you can pour it right out of the container into your sprayer without the fuss of measuring, mixing and stirring.
Besides its convenience, other advantages to Shell-Guard RTU include its stability and relatively quick drying time. Your logs will be ready to stain within one to three days after a Shell-Guard RTU application.
An application of Shell-Guard RTU is permanent as long as the wood remains protected with Lifeline stains.
Perma Chink Shell-Guard RTU Features & Benefits:
• A Preventative or Remedial Treatment.
• No Measuring or Mixing.
• Deep Penetrating.
• EPA Registered.
• Quick Drying Time.
Perma-Chink Shell-Guard RTU Resources:
MSDS Sheet - Shell-Guard RTU
Perma Chink Shell-Guard RTU Application Methods:
• Low pressure sprayer.
Perma Chink Shell-Guard RTU Safe Handling Procedures:
• Spills and over-spray may be cleaned with a damp cloth or absorbed with appropriate materials.
• When applying this product in confined spaces, it is recommended that ventilation or an exhaust system be provided.
• If this is impractical, the use of a NIOSH approved respirator designed for protection from organic vapors is recommended.
Perma Chink Shell-Guard RTU Surface Preparation:
• Apply only to bare, dry wood.
• Remove any previous finishes or water repellents before applying Shell-Guard RTU.
• Surfaces to be treated should be clean and free of dirt and other contaminates.
• If the finished appearance is a primary concern, mold and mildew should also be removed prior to application of Shell-Guard RTU.
• If detergents or cleaners are used to prepare the surface, rinse thoroughly and allow surface to dry prior to application of Shell-Guard RTU.
Perma Chink Shell-Guard RTU Coverage:
• One (1) gallon of Shell-Guard RTU will treat between 150 to 250 square feet of wood surface area (one coat).
• Actual coverage will vary, depending on the surface texture and porosity of the wood being treated.
Perma Chink Shell-Guard RTU Application Instructions:
• Surface temperature must be between 40° to 90°.
• Apply one (1) coat of Shell-Guard RTU to all exposed sides of lumber or plywood.
• For lumber thicker than one (1) inch, apply a second coat after the first has been absorbed.
• Wait at least 20 minutes between applications.
• Shell-Guard RTU treated exterior wood should not be exposed to rain or snow for at least 24 hours after treatment.
• If necessary, cover freshly treated exterior wood with a tarp.
Perma Chink Shell-Guard RTU Maintenance of Treated Surfaces:
• Shell-Guard RTU should be applied annually to exterior unfinished bare wood surfaces.
• For longer protection, exterior surfaces that have been treated with Shell-Guard RTU may be subsequently coated with a water resistant finish such as paint or exterior stain.
• Interior surfaces do not require coating except in situations involving repeated moisture contact or high humidity, such as shower stalls, bathhouses, saunas, etc.
• It is important to allow Shell-Guard RTU to completely dry (at least 24 hours) before applying any protective finish.
• The finish or topcoat should be applied within two (2) weeks of treatment.
• Although a wide variety of paints and stains have been successfully used over Shell-Guard RTU treated wood, it is always a good idea to coat a small section of treated wood with the finish to be used and check for compatibility prior to complete application.
Perma Chink Shell-Guard RTU Cleanup & Shelf Life:
• Use soap and water to clean up tools.
• Shell-Guard RTU has a 5 year shelf life.
|Guides / Product Info|