Shell Guard Concentrate Wood Preservative
Free Ground Shipping on 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free ground shipping for 5 gallon pails of this product purchased online and shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to 2.5 or 1 Gallon Pails, or to shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories.
Termiticide, Insecticide and Fungicide Concentrate
Perma Chink Shell-Guard provides the ultimate protection against insects and wood rot for your log home. This new generation of preservative combines the well-known effectiveness of borates with a glycol system that increases the penetration into the wood to enhance the action of the borate.
Shell-Guard is colorless and odorless. The glycols used are the same type as those found in many food and skin care products.
Shell-Guard is a concentrate that is mixed with an equal amount of water, then applied to bare wood with a brush or as a spray. Once in the wood, it will kill those insects that eat wood such as wood boring beetles and termites. It also kills the types of fungi that are responsible for rot and decay. Shell-Guard makes wood toxic to wood destroying organisms!
The best thing about Shell-Guard is that one application will last the life of your home as long as the exterior surfaces are maintained with a quality, water resistant stain such as Lifeline.
Where to Use Perma Chink Shell Guard:
• Use on above ground wood surfaces including logs, timbers, dimensional lumber, decks, siding, wood-foam composites, etc.
• For Remedial treatment of wood destroying organisms.
• For Preventative treatment of wood in existing structures.
• For Pre-treatment of wood during construction.
Perma Chink Shell Guard Features & Benefits:
• A Preventative or Remedial Treatment.
• No Ethylene Glycol.
• Deep Penetrating.
• EPA Registered.
• Non-staining, no unpleasant odor.
• Simply mix with equal part warm water for application.
Perma-Chink Shell-Guard Resources:
MSDS Sheet - Shell-Guard Concentrate
Perma Chink Shell Guard Application Methods:
• Low pressure sprayer.
• Drill holes and inject.
Perma Chink Shell Guard Coverage Rate:
• 215 square feet per gallon of concentrate.
• Actual coverage rate may be greater.
Perma Chink Shell Guard Surface Preparation:
• Wood must be clean and bare: free of dirt, wax and surface finishes.
• Remove all previous coatings or sealants.
• Remove mold and mildew prior to applying Shell Guard.
• Do not apply to frozen wood. Surface temperature must be between 40° to 90°.
Perma Chink Shell Guard Preparation of Treatment Solution:
• An aqueous solution is used for treatment.
• To prepare solution stir an equal amount by volume of Shell Guard into warm clean water.
• Stir or agitate while adding until Shell Guard is completely dissolved in the water.
• Use mixture within 24 hours as settling of concentrate may occur.
• Mix in separate container; do not mix in spray applicator.
Perma Chink Shell Guard Remedial & Preventative Treatment:
• For remedial and preventative control of organisms attacking wood, apply the diluted solution of Shell Guard by brush, spray or dipping until surface is thoroughly wet ( one gallon per 108 sq.ft.).
• Thoroughly soak cut ends.
• Application may also be made by drilling and then injecting the solution under pressure into sound wood until run-off is observed from entry/exit holes of infested wood.
• Treatment methods as described yields an approximate retention level of .24lbs per cubic ft. boric acid equivalent (BAE) in the outer 3/4 of the wood.
• To minimize borate leaching, apply a water resistant sealer AFTER THE SURFACE IS DRY TO THE TOUCH - in low temperature and high humidity locations this may take 1-4 weeks.
Perma Chink Shell Guard Drying Time:
• 1-4 weeks, depending on weather conditions.
• It is recommend dry for 2 weeks, and then lightly wash with Perma Chink Log Wash.
• Surface must be dry to the touch (free of residue) before finishing.
Perma Chink Shell Guard Clean Up & Shelf Life:
• Clean up tools and equipment with water.
• Rinse well and allow to dry.
• Shell Guard has a 5 year shelf life.
Perma Chink Shell Guard Storage & Disposal:
• Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
• Pesticide Storage: Do not freeze. Do not store where children or animals may gain access.
• Pesticide Disposal: Wastes resulting from the use of this product must be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
• Container Disposal: Triple rinse (or equivalent). Then offer for recycling or reconditioning, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or incineration, or, if allowed by state and local authorities, by burning. If burned, stay out of smoke.
|Guides / Product Info|