Simpson Strong-Tie SDWS Timber Screws
The Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive® SDWS Timber Screw is designed to provide an easy-to-install, high-strength alternative to through-bolting and traditional lag screws.
• Bold thread design provides superior holding power.
• Patented 4CUT™ tip ensures fast starts, reduces installation torque and eliminates the need for pre-drilling in most applications.
• Knurled shank section above the threads makes driving easier.
• Under-head nibs offer greater installer control when seating the head.
• Large head provides maximum bearing area .
• Double-barrier coating provides corrosion resistance equivalent to hot-dip galvanization, making it suitable for many exterior and preservative-treated wood applications.
• Available in lengths up to 10" for maximum versatility.
• Bit included in package.
• Deep, 6-lobe drive reduces cam-out, making driving easier.
• Low-profile head design provides a clean look and less interference after installation.
• Designed to provide an easy-to-install, high-strength alternative to through-bolting and traditional lag. screws. The SDWS structural wood screws are ideal for the contractor and do-it-yourselfer alike.
Common Applications: Structural Wood-to-Wood Connections. These include Logs, Heavy Timber Beams, Ledgers.
Material: Heat-treated carbon steel.
Finish: Double-barrier coating.
• Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screws install best with a low-speed 1/2" drill and a T-40 6-lobe bit. The matched bit included with the screws is recommended for best results.
• Pre-drilling is typically not required. Where pre-drilling is necessary, use a 5/32" drill bit for Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screws
• Screw heads that are countersunk flush to the wood surface are acceptable if the screw has not spun out.
Load Tables, Technical Data, and Installation Instructions
ER-192 Evaluation Report
|Rail Height||36" Rail|
|Guides / Product Info|