Perma-Chink Prelude Clear Wood Primer
Free Ground Shipping on 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free shipping for 5 gallon pails of this product shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
One coat of Prelude Clear Wood Primer fills the pores of the wood and provides a surface that enables you to obtain a more uniform finish color over the entire home. Prelude is ideal for both interior and exterior wood surfaces. Prelude is best used after media blasting your home. Prelude can help save money on your staining job by providing a much more uniform surface for your stain application.
Prelude Clear Wood Primer also contains UV Boost for added UV protection. Prelude is a primer and should never be used as a final finish.
For use exclusively with Lifeline wood finishes.
Perma Chink Lifeline Prelude Features and Benefits:
• Contains UV Boost.
• Enhances Wood Grain.
• Ideal for porous wood surfaces.
• Prevents over absorption of pigmented stain.
• Retards graying due to sunlight (UV) exposure.
• Reduces the amount of stain required to cover a surface.
• Helps eliminate blotches and streaks.
Perma Chink Prelude Clear Wood Primer Demonstration Photo:
Perma Chink Lifeline Prelude Inspection:
• Check for signs of deterioration and decay.
• Remove and replace or repair deteriorated wood. Unsound wood should be repaired prior to applying Prelude.
Perma Chink Lifeline Prelude Surface Preparation:
• All surfaces should be free from discolorations and contaminates including media grit, dirt, dust, grayed wood, mold and mildew, old finishes, water repellents and wax.
• Borate applications such as Shell-Guard, Shell-Guard RTU, or Armor-Guard must be accomplished before applying Prelude.
• Follow labeled product directions.
• If more than a week has passed since the exterior has been cleaned or borate treated, wash down the surface of the logs with a solution of Log Wash™, rinse well and allow to dry before applying Prelude.
Perma Chink Lifeline Prelude Application Instructions:
• Stir thoroughly before and regularly during use.
• Prelude can be applied with a brush or airless sprayer.
• Do not apply when the surface temperature is below 40° F or above 90° F.
• Do not apply to hot surfaces or in direct sunlight.
• Although Prelude is clear, back brushing is required to work the product into the wood and to assure complete coverage of the surface.
• Once the Prelude has dried (typically two to four hours depending on weather conditions) you will be ready to apply any water-based Lifeline brand stain.
• Follow the product application directions when applying any stain.
• NOTE: Prelude is a primer/sealer and is not suitable as clear, final finish.
Perma Chink Lifeline Prelude Coverage Rate:
• One gallon of Prelude will cover approximately 200 to 400 square feet in a single coat application depending on wood texture and porosity.
Perma Chink Lifeline Prelude Clean Up & Storage:
• Clean area and equipment immediately with warm, soapy water.
• For sprayers and other commercial equipment, follow the manufacturer's directions.
• For removing Prelude that has dried, soften with alcohol or mineral spirits and then clean with warm water.
• Store Prelude out of direct sunlight and protect from freezing.
• Although Prelude is freeze-thaw stable, if the product is accidentally frozen, allow to thaw, mix well and check for suitability of use before applying.
|Stain Use Area||Logs, Siding, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info||
Permachink How-To Guides For Prelude Wood Primer: