Perma-Chink Log Wash - 1 Gallon
Perma Chink Log Wash is a liquid concentrate for cleaning log and wood surfaces. It can be used as a maintenance cleaner or to prepare the surface of wood for a new coat of stain or topcoat.
For preparing the surface of bare wood for a new coat of stain, Log Wash removes dirt, grime, pollen, and surface mold and mildew without harming the wood or the finish. As opposed to bleach solutions, Log Wash does not upset the natural pH balance of the wood, thus preventing wood fiber damage and iron tannate stains. (To treat gray, UV-exposed wood, see Permachink Wood Renew).
The exterior of a log home are a settling ground for dust, pollen and other airborne contaminants that dull the surface and encourage mold growth. A light cleaning once or twice a year will keep a home looking beautiful and helps prolong the life of the exterior wood finish.
Perma Chink Log Wash Features and Benefits:
• Gently Cleans Bare and Finished Wood.
• Safe for Log Chinking and Sealants.
• Environmentally Friendly.
• Removes Dust, Pollen, Dust, and Pollution.
Permachink Log Wash Resources:
Perma Chink Log Wash Special Notes:
• Do not allow Log Wash solutions to dry on the wall.
• Avoid streaks by applying Log Wash from the bottom of the wall upward.
• Rinse Log Wash from the top of the wall downward. Always use the proper strength solution for your application.
• Pressure washers can damage existing finishes – rinse carefully using the mist setting on your garden hose for best results.
• Log Wash is not suitable for removing existing finishes or removing severe discoloration from weathering, tannate stains, water stains, etc.
Perma Chink Log Wash Mixing Instructions:
• Mix Log Wash with water according to the following specific instructions. To avoid damage to the surface, be sure to use the proper concentration for the job that you are performing.
-As a maintenance cleaner for finished wood:
• Add one (1) cup of Log Wash to one (1) gallon of water and mix thoroughly.
• To avoid harming finish, never add more than one cup per gallon of water.
• For wetting and rinsing, use a mist setting on your garden hose nozzle to avoid harming your finishes.
• Do not use pressure washers on existing finishes for maintenance cleaning.
-As stain preparation cleaner over bare or previously stained wood:
• Add two (2) cups of Log Wash to one (1) gallon of water and mix thoroughly.
• This stronger solution is suitable for cleaning bare or previously stained wood surfaces before application of a new coat of Lifeline.
Perma-Chink Log Wash Coverage:
• Maintenance Cleaner Strength: Makes 16 gallons of solution at 1 cup / gallon of water.
• Stain Preparation Strength: Makes 8 gallons of solution at 2 cups / gallon of water.
• Coverage of diluted Log Wash solution: 150-200 SF / Gallon
Perma Chink Log Wash Application Instructions:
• Clean only as much surface as you can manage without letting the Log Wash solution dry on the wall.
• Start by completely wetting the surface with mist setting on your hose.
• Apply Log Wash solution with a pump-up sprayer starting at the bottom of the wall and working upward.
• Leave Log Wash on the wall for 5 to 15 minutes. If necessary, scrub with a soft bristle brush to remove stubborn dirt.
• Rinse thoroughly starting at the top of the area, working downward.
• Each gallon of diluted Log Wash solution should clean 150 – 250 square feet of wall surface.
• Clean up spilled Log Wash with plenty of fresh water.
• Note: Rinse Log Wash off plants and shrubberies as soon as possible to avoid damage to them.
|Guides / Product Info|