Perma-Chink S-100 Finish Remover
Perma Chink S-100 Finish Remover is an environmentally friendly water-based solvent that removes many oil and water-borne finishes from logs, siding, and decks. Perma-Chink Systems developed a finish remover using new technology originally developed for removing paint from aluminum aircraft surfaces.
Supplied as a ready-to-use gel, it is easily applied with a short bristled brush, paint roller, or airless sprayer. Within a few minutes it begins to soften the finish and since it is a gel, it stays wet and active for a fairly long period of time. Once the finish has sufficiently softened, it can be removed by simply pressure washing.
S-100 will not darken or discolor the wood, will not corrode or discolor metal surfaces, nor will it harm log home chinking or sealants. Although it is effective for removing most log home finishes, there are some high performance coatings that may require a more aggressive chemical stripper. Perma-Chink Systems recommends that a sample of S-100 be obtained from them and tested on the finish you want to remove prior to placing an order.
Features & Benefits
• Removes most finishes from logs, siding and deck surfaces.
• Works exceptionally well against "Proguard" and Linseed Oil based products.
• Will not harm chinking and sealants.
• Will not corrode or discolor aluminum or other metals.
• Environmentally friendly.
• Coverage will be approximately 50 to 100 square feet per gallon depending on the surface texture.
• Although S-100 is not nearly as corrosive as many commonly used finish removers, be sure to wear a long sleeved shirt, rubber gloves and eye protection during use.
• If exposed, flush eyes with water and wash skin with soap and water. Rinse down plants, shrubs, and grass with plenty of water if S-100 comes in contact with them.
• Equipment: Safety equipment, bucket, brush or roller, paint scraper, rags, and a pressure washer capable of generating at least 500 to 600 psi.
• For the most efficient removal of the finish, use a pressure washer with an output of three gallons per minute or greater and a 15 degree fan tip nozzle.
• Apply from bottom-up, rinse from top-down.
• One to two applications, depending on severity.
• Rinse thoroughly.
• S-100 works best when applied at temperatures between 50°F and 90°F and try to avoid working in direct sunlight.
• Work on small sections (50 square feet or so) at a time.
• Apply a generous amount of S-100 to the wood surface using a brush or roller.
• If removing a finish from a wall, start at the bottom of the wall and work your way up.
• Allow the S-100 to remain on the surface for at least 20 minutes.
• In cooler weather it may take up to a couple of hours for the finish to soften. If it starts to dry out, lightly mist it with water to keep it active.
• Once the finish has softened, remove it with a pressure washer. On walls pressure wash starting at the bottom of the area and work your way up.
• If there are spots where pressure washing has not removed all of the finish, try scraping off the remaining finish with a paint scraper while the finish is still soft.
• Protected areas under porch roofs, soffits, etc. may need a second application to remove all of the finish.
• Once the finish removal process is completed, be sure to thoroughly rinse the surface from the top down in order to remove any S-100 residue and return the wood to its proper pH balance. Use pH Strips to verify adequate rinsing.
Clean Up & Shelf Life
• Use soap and water to clean tools and equipment.
• S-100 has a 1 year shelf life.
|Guides / Product Info|