Perma-Chink Cedar Wash
Perma-Chink Cedar Wash is a ready-to-use cleaner specifically formulated for preparing the bare wood surface of wood species that contain high levels of wood extractives and resin oils. Cedar Wash is designed to remove surface resin oils and high concentrations of water-soluble wood extractives in addition to dirt, grease, grime, pollen, and surface mold and mildew without harming the wood.
Cedar Wash Features & Benefits
• Designed specifically for Western Red Cedar and Redwood (Softwoods) and Walnut and Mahogany (Hardwoods).
• Highly recommended cleaner for Southern Pine, Douglas Fir, Spruce and Cypress.
• Removes resin oils and wood extractives from the surface of the wood that may interfere with adhesion of Lifeline exterior stains or Prelude to the wood surface.
• Removes dirt, dust, pollen and other foreign substances from wood surfaces.
• Will not harm finishes that are in good condition.
• Contains an aggressive detergent package for efficient cleaning of the wood surface.
• Safe to use on chinking and sealants.
• Environmentally friendly.
• Please Note: Cedar Wash is not recommended as a maintenance cleaner. Refer to Log Wash for this task.
Cedar Wash Coverage Rate
• Five gallons of Cedar Wash of ready-to-use cleaning solution will clean approximately 1000 square feet of wood surface area.
• Each gallon of Cedar Wash as applied will clean approximately 175 to 225 square feet of wood surface depending on the wood porosity.
Cedar Wash Application Methods
• Garden Pump Sprayer.
Cedar Wash Application Instructions
• Since Cedar Wash is a ready-to-use material, no dilutions are required. Cedar Wash is most easily applied using a pump-up garden type sprayer although a mop and bucket works too.
• If you are going to use a pressure washer (not recommended) adding Cedar Wash directly to the pressure washer does not give the cleaner enough contact time with the wood to be very effective.
• Plan on cleaning small areas at a time, since Cedar Wash needs to stay wet in order to work well and do its job.
• Apply the Cedar Wash solution starting at the bottom of the wall and work your way up.
• Work only an area big enough so that the Cedar Wash is on the wall for about 10 to 15 minutes.
• Gently scrub the wall with a soft bristled brush to remove stubborn stains and heavily soiled areas.
• DO NOT ALLOW CEDAR WASH SOLUTION TO DRY ON THE SURFACE OF THE WOOD.
• Lightly mist with water if applied Cedar Wash solution is drying too fast and adjust working area. Rinse Cedar Wash solution with clean water using a garden hose or low pressure washer thoroughly from the top down.
• Remember: Always Apply Cedar Wash from the bottom up, rinse from the top down. This will help prevent the potential for streaks and drip marks on the wood surface.
• The use of pH strips is highly recommended as a tool to identify if and when all Cedar Wash residue is thoroughly rinsed off the surface of the wood.
Cedar Wash Rinsing
• No matter what product you use to clean bare wood, nothing is more important than making sure you have adequately rinsed the surface. Any chemical residue remaining on the surface can have serious consequences later on. It is always recommend to use pH Strips to make sure that the surface of the wood has been sufficiently rinsed, preferably to a pH of between 6.5 and 7.5.
Cedar Wash Clean-Up
• Use just water to clean up any spilled Cedar Wash.
• You are highly encouraged to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect yourself from chemical exposure when using Cedar Wash.
• Wear safety glasses or goggles and rubber gloves during use.
• Wash hands and any exposed skin with soap and water after job is completed.
• Remove saturated clothing and launder in cool or warm water.
Cedar Wash Precautionary Information
• Although Cedar Wash should not harm plants or shrubs, it is best to pre-wet or cover prior to application and rinse down any plants, grass, or bushes that may have been exposed to the Cedar Wash solution as soon as possible.
• Lightly wet adjacent walls with water to minimize direct contact with bare wood and potential streaking or discoloration.
• If overspray does occur, quickly rinse with clean water to thoroughly remove cleaner overspray.
Cedar Wash Storage & Shelf Life
• Store Cedar Wash out of direct sunlight and protect from freezing.
• Although Cedar Wash is freeze-thaw stable, if the product is accidentally frozen, allow to thaw and check for suitability of use before applying.
• Cedar Wash has a 3 year shelf life.
|Guides / Product Info|