Log-Gevity New Log Prep
Log-Gevity New Log Prep was developed to provide a solution for log discoloration which usually occurs during log home construction. The natural log color is lost during this phase when logs are stained by sap, insects, organic vegetation, construction dirt, airborne contaminants and general grey weathering.
Log-Gevity™ New Log Prep restores the wood to its original rich warm color and texture while opening the grain, enabling it to accept the initial finish coat.
Log-Gevity New Log Prep Product Benefits
• Cleans and eliminates years of fungus growth and discoloration.
• Restores wood surfaces to the appearance of new lumber.
• Does not dissolve the cellulose in the wood.
Log-Gevity New Log Prep Product Features
• Environmentally friendly
• Oxalic acid based
• Economical concentrate
Log-Gevity New Log Prep Coverage Rate
• 150 to 250 sq. ft. per gallon when diluted according to instructions.
• Coverage will also vary depending on the porosity of wood.
• Rough sawn wood will require more Log-Gevity™ New Log Prep than smooth wood.
Log-Gevity New Log Prep Application
• Log-Gevity New Log Prep may be applied with a brush, roller or Poly Tank Hand Pump Sprayer.
• We strongly encourage applicators to review the New Log Prep Product Guide and MSDS Sheet before using this product.
Log-Gevity Product Notes
• In some cases bleach (sodium hypochlorite) or some other harsh, high pH chemical is used to remove the grey weathering that takes place during construction. Evidence of using an incorrect procedure to rectify this problem, will be a shiny, silver-like, membrane that when scratched, exhibits the natural log surface beneath it. In most cases, Log-Gevity™ New Log Prep is the appropriate choice to remedy this while preparing the log for its initial finish coat.
• Log-Gevity New Log Prep is not recommended for spot cleaning. Entire elevation should be cleaned.
|Guides / Product Info|
|Product Guide Link||images/Pdf/LogGevityNewLogPrepSpecCURRENT.pdf|
|Application Guide Link||images/Pdf/New-Log-Prep.pdf|