Log-Gevity Log Finish Coat
Log-Gevity ™ Log Finish Coat is designed as the second step in a two-step process for use on horizontal and vertical wood surfaces.
Log-Gevity™ Log Finish Coat consists of several essential wood protecting ingredients blended specifically to generate a strong adhesive bond with the Log-Gevity™ Log Stain & Stabilizer and reinforce the UV and moisture inhibiting attributes which maintain and protect the life of the finish, while providing the aesthetically appealing, natural looking, rich warm glow commonly associated with natural wood finishes.
Unlike many film forming finishes, Log-Gevity™ Log Finish Coat is breathable and will not crack or peel. Four U.V. inhibiting ingredients, including reflective metals, provide a resilient barrier that protects against damage caused by exposure to harsh climate conditions, wind and moisture erosion, and UV radiation.
Log Finish Coat Product Features
• UV absorbers.
• Water repellants.
• Trans-oxide colorants (available).
Log Finish Coat Product Benefits
• Reinforces the Log-Gevity™ Log Stain & Stabilizer.
• Non-film forming.
• Provides aesthetically appealing, natural looking, rich warm glow commonly associated with natural wood finishes.
• Provides additional resistance to damage caused by harsh climate conditions, wind and moisture erosion, and UV radiation.
• Compatible with Log-Gevity™ Log Chinking Glide.
• Can be used on decks, sidewalls, roofs, and dimensional lumber.
Log Finish Coat Coverage Rate
• Smooth or rough sawn lumber: First coat 100 sq. ft. per gallon.
• Second coat 200 sq. ft. per gallon.
• Shake Roofs: 75 to 150 sq. ft. per gallon, depending on porosity of surface.
• Both surface and air temperature must be above 50°F.
Log Finish Coat Application Instructions
• Apply Log-Gevity™ Log Stain & Stabilizer with a low pressure (HVLP) sprayer. Work vigorously into all surfaces.
• After Log-Gevity™Log Stain & Stabilizer has flash dried, which may take 30 minutes or longer, top coat with Log-
Gevity™ Log Finish Coat .
• Apply the top coat of Log-Gevity™ LogFinish Coat with a brush or low pressure sprayer.
• Apply as much Log-Gevity™ Log Finish Coat as the logs/wood will absorb.
• To avoid runs and streaking, back brush product from surfaces before drying.
• Keep a wet edge to avoid lap marks.
• If the logs/wood can absorb more Log-Gevity™Log Finish Coat and extra protection or more depth of color is desired, apply a third coat at a later date.
• Dry time: It is recommended to allow at least 24 hours to dry.
• Clean up: Use mineral spirits or dish detergent and water.
• If Log-Gevity Finish Coat comes in contact with surfaces such as glass, paint, metal, caulking or rubber, remove immediately with dish detergent.
Log-Gevity Log Finish Colors:
•Cabin Brown, Cedartone Brown, Cedartone Gold, Cedar Clear, Cedar Tuape, Warm Redtone.
|Stain Use Area||Logs, Siding, Decks, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info|