Log-Gevity End Grain Sealer
Log-Gevity™ End Grain Sealer is an oil based, low VOC product that provides the ultimate protection against the intrusion of moisture and water to sawed ends of logs and lumber. Excess moisture that finds its way to cracks and voids will ultimately cause the finish to fail and encourages wood decay.
Wood decay is most likely to occur where moisture content of 25% or greater is present. The sawed ends of logs and lumber are the most susceptible to such cracks and voids due to the fact that the log has been cut open at these ends. In fact, the immersion of a butt end of a sawed log in water will increase its' total mass by 12% in less than one hour. This trapped moisture will leave your structure particularly vulnerable to decay; Log-Gevity™ End Grain Sealer has been specifically designed to counteract such moisture penetration.
Log-Geivty End Grain Sealer Product Features
• Water repellants.
• Metallic UV inhibitors and zinc borates.
• Dries clear.
• Counteracts moisture intrusion preventing wood decay.
Log-Gevity End Grain Sealer Coverage Rates
• Approximately 75-100 square feet per 1 gallon (subject to age and porosity of end grain).
Log-Geivty End Grain Sealer Application Instructions
• Apply Log-Gevity End Grain Sealer liberally with a brush until the wood appears to have sufficient amount of protection.
• For best results and optimal penetration apply to dry Logs/Wood.
• Do not apply if rain is imminently forecasted.
• Surface and Air Temperature must be above 50ºF.
• Allow at least 24 hours to dry.
• Clean Up: Use mineral spirits or dish detergent and water. Should Log-Gevity End Grain Sealer come in contact with
surfaces such as glass, paint, metal, caulking or rubber, remove immediately with dish detergent. If a spill is dry, clean it with mineral spirits.
|Guides / Product Info|
|Product Guide Link||images/Pdf/LogGevityEndGrainSealerSPEC.pdf|
|Application Guide Link||images/Pdf/End-Grain-Sealer.pdf|