Log Gap Caps
The Log Gap Cap™ reduces air infiltration where round logs meet window and door trim. Available in two sizes, the Log Gap Cap is designed to work with 6" to 10" diameter logs, but its uniform shape fits most log profiles. With an easy scissor cut along the flat side, they also work in log siding applications as well. Engineered from 3/4" closed cell flexible foam, when installed the Log Gap Cap compresses and remains in place. Its smooth surface on one side allows easy caulking with Perma-Chink Sealants such as Energy Seal Caulk, Woodsman Caulk, or Perma Chink. The closed cell material is resistant to mold, rot, bacteria, and will not absorb moisture. Made in the USA.
• Small Original Gap Caps (RL-6-8-2): Base = 6”, Height = 1 7/8”. Typically Fits 6” – 8” log widths.
• Large Original Gap Caps (RL-9-11-2): Base = 9”, Height = 2 7/8”. Typically Fits 8” – 10” log widths.
• Both sizes are packaged 50 Log Gap Caps/Box.
• Please Note: Sized as a hyperbolic triangle where the longest dimension is base. (all sizes +/-1/8”)
Features and Benefits:
• Reduces air Infiltration where round logs meet window and door jamb trim.
• Pre-cut foam inserts fits most round log profiles.
• Can be trimmed easily to fit in different sized log diameters and applications.
• Seal over with a premium caulking such as Perma Chink Energy Seal Caulk or Weatherall UV Guard Caulk to virtually stop any water or air infiltration.
• Resistant to mold, rot, bacteria, and will not absorb moisture.
Gap Cap Size and Selection Chart
|Brand||Log Home Care|