Free Ground Shipping on 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free shipping by UPS Ground for 5 gallon pails of this product purchased online and shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
Perma-Chink Lifeline Ultra-2 Stain
No other transparent finish system lasts as long as Lifeline Ultra-2 with a clear topcoat of Lifeline Advance. It is so durable that it is covered by a 5-year limited warranty. This advanced waterborne formula enriches the look of natural wood grain and protects against damaging UV from the sun.
Homeowners and contractors appreciate just how easy it is to apply with an airless sprayer or brush. Remember – not all water-borne stains are created equal. Call us and get a free sample of Lifeline Ultra-2 and see for yourself.
Features & Benefits
• Unparalleled UV protection.
• Lowest maintenance of any exterior finish.
• Breathable film allows unseasoned logs to dry out.
• Superior color retention.
• High coverage rates.
• Clearcoat with Lifeline Advance to complete the system.
• Environmentally friendly.
• Compatible with all Perma-Chink Systems wood care products.
• Lifeline Ultra-2 Stain Limited Manufacturer Warranty
• Coverage is approximately 350 – 450 square feet per gallon for the first coat.
• Approximately 600 – 800 square feet per gallon for subsequent coats depending on wood type and porosity.
• DO NOT USE THINNERS. STIR THOROUGHLY before and regularly during use. Wear rubber gloves to avoid stains to the skin and fingernails.
• If multiple containers are used on the job, they should be poured together to ensure color consistency. Lifeline Ultra-2 can be applied with a brush or airless sprayer.
• We highly recommend that you try a sample can of any new stain color you are considering. The finished color of translucent stains can vary substantially based on species, texture, porosity of wood, and application technique. Sampling on your own wood is inexpensive and the best way to make sure you get the color you want for your home.
• Autumn Gold (815), Barn Gray (872), Beachwood (848), Bronze (874), Butternut (854), Cedar (885), Chestnut (868), Classic Brown (878), Dark Honey (822), Dark Natural (830), Driftwood (861), Gentry Gray (842), Hazelnut (870), Natural (880), Oak (832), Pickled White (850), Sequoia (835), Stone Gray (863), Walnut (865), Wheat (821)
• Check for deterioration and decay.
• Remove and replace or repair deteriorated wood. Unsound wood should be repaired prior to applying Lifeline Ultra-2.
• All surfaces should be free from mill glaze and contaminates including dirt, dust, mold and mildew, old finishes, water repellents and wax. Use appropriate materials to clean and prepare surfaces.
• If a wood preservative has been previously applied, make sure it is completely dry before applying Lifeline Ultra-2.
• If the surface is tacky or there are visible deposits on the wood, wash the surface with water and allow to dry.
• DO NOT USE LIFELINE ULTRA-2 ON SURFACES THAT HAVE BEEN BRUSHED OR RUBBED WITH STEEL WOOL. IF YOU DO, RUST SPOTS MAY APPEAR UNDER THE FINISH.
• If more than a week has passed since the surface has been stripped or cleaned, wash down the logs with Log Wash™, rinse well and allow to dry before applying Lifeline Ultra-2.
• If the surface has been media blasted or if the wood is rough and/or porous, apply a coat of Prelude™ Clear Wood Primer prior to the Lifeline Ultra-2 application.
• This will ensure proper color generation and add an extra measure of protection to the wood.
• DO NOT APPLY TO HOT SURFACES OR IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
• Do not apply when the surface temperature is below 40° F or above 90° F.
• Back brushing is required to work the finish into the wood for optimum performance. Always keep a “wet edge” to avoid lap marks.
• Lifeline Ultra-2 is unlike paints or oil borne stains. It should always be applied in thin coats. Wait for the first coat to dry (at least two hours depending on temperature and humidity) then apply a second coat. Always back brush to ensure even coverage and to avoid visible drips and runs.
• Once the Lifeline Ultra-2 has dried and you are satisfied with the appearance, we strongly recommend the application of one or two coats of Lifeline Advance Gloss or Satin clear topcoat.
• Lifeline Advance exterior clear topcoats enhance the beauty of the finish and play a significant role in protecting the wood against water, mold, and UV light, thus extending the life of the stain.
• Follow the product application directions when applying any topcoat.
• Clean area and equipment immediately with warm, soapy water. For sprayers and other commercial equipment, follow the manufacturer's directions.
• For removing Lifeline Ultra-2 that has dried, soften with alcohol or mineral spirits and then clean with warm water.
• Periodic cleaning with an appropriate cleaner such as Log Wash™ helps extend the life of the finish and accentuates the beauty of your home.
• Perma-Chink recommends that log walls be washed down at least twice a year.
• Wood checking, cracking and shrinkage may eventually expose unprotected wood.
• Apply periodic maintenance coats as needed paying special attention to the south and west sides of the home as they may have greater exposure to the elements.Store Lifeline Ultra-2 out of direct sunlight and protect from freezing.
• Although Lifeline Ultra-2 is freeze/thaw stable, if the product is accidentally frozen, allow to thaw, mix well and check for suitability of use before applying.
Permachink How-To Guides For Ultra-2 Stain:
• How to Apply Lifeline Exterior Stains
• What is a Breathable Film?
• Applying Lifeline Ultra-2 Stain Over Existing Stains
• Applying Lifeline Ultra-2 Stain Over Oil-Based Stains
• Lifeline Exterior Stains Vs. Oil-Based Stains
• Using Prelude Clear Primer to Strengthen Your Lifeline Finish
• The Role of Lifeline Advance Exterior Topcoat
• Applying Maintenance Coats of Lifeline Ultra-2
If the Ultra 2 is still under warranty, definitely go back with the same product.
Thank you for your question. Prelude is not required under Ultra-2 in this circumstance, but it is highly recommended. The issue here is that a cob blasting job really opens up the wood pores. If you proceed straight to staining, these open pores allow in much more stain and the stain ends up darker than normal. Prelude does a great job of filling the pores with primer so that when the new stain is applied a more consistent, even finish is achieved.