Howard Cutting Board Oil is made to rejuvenate dry woods in contact with food, including cutting boards, butcher blocks, wooden bowls and utensils.
Howard Cutting Board Oil Product Details
Howard Cutting Board Oil meets US FDA requirements for food contact surfaces, and is safe for all food preparation surfaces. The penetrating quality of food-grade mineral oil brings out the depth of grain in wood and helps prevent drying and cracking. Cutting Board Oil is perfect for the initial “oiling” or “seasoning” of cutting boards and butcher blocks.
Size: 12 Oz. Bottle
Features and Benefits:
• 100% food grade mineral oil enriched with Vitamin E.
• Safe for all raw wood surfaces that come in contact with food.
• Colorless, odorless, tasteless, and will never go rancid.
• Cutting Boards, Butcher Blocks, Wooden Bowls and Utensils.
• Apply with a clean soft cloth.
• On wooden cowls and utensils, let stand at least 20 minutes and wipe off excess.
• To properly oil (season) new or raw wood cutting board surfaces, apply at least 2 coats. For thick wood surfaces like butcher blocks, apply 3-4 coats and let each coat soak in for at least an hour.
• Additional coats help ensure that the Cutting Board Oil fully soaks deep into the wood pores.
• After seasoning with Cutting Board Oil, always maintain wood with Howard Butcher Block Conditioner to keep the wood properly oiled and conditioned to look its best.
• The mineral oil used in Cutting Board Oil is from virgin mineral oils and has no contact with nuts, gluten or other potentially allergenic materials either in production, storage, or transport.
• Meets all requirements for USP Light Mineral Oil, National Formulary (NF), FDA 21 CFR 172.878 and 21 CFR 178.3620 (a) for direct and indirect contact with food.