Penetrol® is a free-flowing, low-odor, high quality penetrating paint additive which compensates for the adverse effects that weather and surface conditions have on paints and primers. Flood Penetrol can be used in certain paints, primers and stains to improve flow and eliminate brush marks. It can also be used to stop and prevent metal from rusting, and to restore the color of fiberglass.
Penetrol Product Information:
• Increases adhesion, penetration and flow of oil-based or alkyd paints, varnishes, and primers.
• Makes exterior oil and alkyd paints, primers and stains flow more smoothly.
• Reduces brush and roller marks.
• Increases adhesion to prevent peeling and blistering.
• Acts as a rust inhibitor on metal surfaces.
• Restores color to fiberglass.
Adding Penetrol to paints, primers or stains:
1. Stir the paint thoroughly.
2. When the paint begins to set up (dry) too fast or “drag,” stir in Penetrol. Start by testing a small amount of Penetrol additive in a small amount of the paint you are using to determine compatibility.
3. If compatible, stir in approximately 1 pint (16 oz.) of Penetrol per gallon of paint.
4. If the paint is thick, or in extreme temperatures, you can increase the quantity (up to 2.5 pints of Penetrol per gallon of paint).
Stopping and preventing rust on metal:
1. Remove loose rust, excess dirt, oil and grease.
2. Make sure the surface is dry.
3. Saturate the metal with Penetrol.
4. Allow 12 to 24 hours for drying.
5. For brass, copper, aluminum and chrome, scrub the surface with fine steel wool soaked in Penetrol, and polish it with a clean cloth.
Restoring the color of fiberglass:
1. Clean the fiberglass surface.
2. Saturate a rag with Penetrol, and wipe it onto the surface.
3. Buff the surface with a clean, soft cloth within 3 to 5 minutes.
Cleanup & Storage:
• Store in a tightly closed container away from heat and flame.
• Cleanup with mineral spirits.
DANGER – rags, steel wool or waste soaked with this product may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place rags, steel wool or waste in a sealed, water-filled metal container.
Flood Penetrol Shipping Information:
• Flood Penetrol may not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. regulations.
• Flood Penetrol may not be sold in the state of California due to CARB (California Air Resources Board) restrictions.
• U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Certificate of Compliance.