Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Clear Topcoat
FREE SHIPPING ON 5 GALLON & 1 GALLON PAILS TO CONTINENTAL USA.
5 GAL. & 1 GAL. PAILS OF CETOL MAINTENANCE ARE TEMPORARILY ON BACKORDER BUT WE ARE TAKING PRE-ORDERS.
1 GAL. AND 5 GAL. PAILS: ADD TO CART TO SEE DISCOUNTED PRICE. DISCOUNT IS SHOWN IN CART SUMMARY.
MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE - DISCOUNT APPLIED IN CART
Our prices on 1 gallon and 5 gallon pails of this stain are lower than the manufacturer's "minimum advertised price". As a result, a discount will be automatically applied in the cart. You have no obligation to purchase the product once you see the discounted amount. You can simply remove the item from your cart.
Free Ground Shipping on 1 Gallon and 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free shipping for 1 gallon and 5 gallon pails of this product shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
Sikkens Proluxe. The same great Sikkens formula you know and trust, slightly different labels.
The high quality formula that is synonymous with the Sikkens name is exactly the same as before. Only the name is changing. You can be confident that the product is the same in the can regardless of whether the name is Sikkens or ProLuxe . Please click here, here, or here for further information from PPG on this change.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE is a premium clear, non-pigmented exterior satin finish to be used exclusively over existing Sikkens Proluxe Cetol® 1RE and Cetol 23 Plus RE or Sikkens Proluxe Cetol® Log & Siding as a maintenance coat where the surface is in good condition and has been maintained according to Sikkens Proluxe guidelines. Typically, with maintenance coats, pigmented products will further darken the wood. With a one coat application of Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE, the wood will retain the same look and color and minimize blistering and cracking due to expansion and contracting of wood.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Recommended Uses
• Cetol Maintenance RE is to be used exclusively over existing Sikkens Proluxe Cetol® 1 RE and Cetol 23 Plus RE or Sikkens Proluxe Cetol® Log & Siding as a maintenance coat where the surface is in good condition and has been maintained according to Sikkens Proluxe guidelines.
• Cetol Maintenance RE can be used on the following: Log Walls, Siding, Garage Doors, Trim, Log Homes.
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE cannot be used on and horizontal surfaces that may be walked on such as a deck. Please check out Cetol SRD or Cetol DEK if you are in need of a premium Sikkens deck stain.
• Do not apply Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE on decks, doors, outdoor furniture or over Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Door & Window, Cetol SRD, or Cetol DEK Finish. It is also not intended for use on raw wood or marine applications.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Features and Benefits
• Non-Pigmented (Colorless) Maintenance Coating – Developed to provide a non-darkening maintenance coat for vertical surfaces (siding, logs & trim).
• High Solids Alkyd - Provides maintenance protection in one coat.
• UV Absorbers - High performance UV protection, preventing graying and deterioration of the wood surface.
• Excellent Microporosity and Flexibility – Minimizes blistering and cracking due to expansion and contraction or moisture build up.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance Stain Sample Cans
• We highly recommend that you try a sample can of any new stain you are considering. The finished color of translucent stains can vary substantially based on species, texture, porosity of wood, and application technique. Sampling on your own wood is inexpensive and the best way to make sure you get the color you want for your home.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Coverage Rates:
• On properly prepared surfaces, 400 – 500 sq. ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Shipping
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE may not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. restrictions.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Use Restrictions
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE is not permitted for use in portions of the following counties of California:
• Los Angeles
• San Bernardino
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Color Options:
• Clear - (SIK61003)
2019 Name Update:
• PPG has announced that Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Wood Finish will now be known as Proluxe Maintenance RE Wood Finish. Please click here for further details on this change.
Recent PPG Proluxe Manufacturer's Rebate Forms:
• PPG Proluxe Rebate July 2022
|Stain Use Area||Logs, Siding, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info||
Additional Resources for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE:
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Application Methods
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Dry Time
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Preparation Instructions
Checking Moisture Content Before Staining:
Caulking Cracks, Checks, and Gaps:
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Application Information
Application Note: Tannin containing woods such as redwood, red cedar, mahogany, douglas fir, etc. contain tannic acid which tends to migrate to the surface and discolor the stain, especially noticeable when using white or light colors. The discoloration is not harmful and can usually be removed. Apply a cleaning solution of four (4) ounces of oxalic acid to one gallon of warm water using a garden sprayer or a heavy nap roller cover. Allow solution to dwell on surface for 20 minutes then thoroughly rise with clean water. DO NOT ALLOW solution to dry on wood surface.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Cleanup & Shelf Life
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Reapplication Instructions
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Application Do’s and Don’ts
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Maintenance RE Clear Topcoat: