Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 Plus RE Exterior Topcoat
FREE SHIPPING ON 5 GALLON & 1 GALLON PAILS TO CONTINENTAL USA.
5 GAL. PAILS OF CEDAR (077) AND 1 GAL. PAILS OF NATURAL (078) ARE CURRENTLY ON BACKORDER.
5 GALLON PAILS: ADD TO CART TO SEE DISCOUNTED PRICE. DISCOUNT IS SHOWN IN CART SUMMARY.
MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE - DISCOUNT APPLIED IN CART
Our price on 5 gallon pails of this stain is lower than the manufacturer's "minimum advertised price". As a result, a discount will be automatically applied in the cart. You have no obligation to purchase the product once you see the discounted amount. You can simply remove the item from your cart.
Free Ground Shipping on 1 Gallon and 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free shipping for 1 gallon and 5 gallon pails of this product shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
Sikkens Proluxe. The same great Sikkens formula you know and trust, slightly different labels.
The high quality formula that is synonymous with the Sikkens name is exactly the same as before. Only the name is changing. You can be confident that the product is the same in the can regardless of whether the name is Sikkens or ProLuxe . Please click here, here, or here for further information from PPG on this change.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE is a premium, translucent, exterior wood base coat to be used with Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Wood Finish. Its superior oil alkyd formulation offers excellent penetration and adhesion to vertical wood surfaces. Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE offers superior UV protection, and is highly transparent, water repellent, weather resistant, flexible, and breathable.
When used as a system, this product provides a durable, rich film that will protect from harmful UV rays and minimize peeling and blistering. The inclusion of translucent iron oxide pigments and UV absorbers gives excellent UV protection and color retention. Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Wood Finish MUST be applied to properly prepared wood as the basecoat before applying the Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 Plus RE Top Coat.
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE may be used as the second and third coat for the Cetol 1 RE/Cetol 23 RE Plus system.
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE can be used on the following: Log Walls, Siding, Garage Doors, Outdoor Furniture, Trim, Windows, Entrance Doors, Log Homes.
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE cannot be used on and horizontal surfaces that may be walked on such as a Deck. Please check out Cetol SRD or Cetol DEK if you are in need of a premium Sikkens deck stain.
Key Features and Benefits
• Translucent Iron Oxide Pigments - Improved clarity and color retention; protection from graying.
• UV Absorbers - Added UV protection leads to less frequent maintenance.
• Microporous - Allows the wood to breathe, minimizing peeling and blistering.
• Translucent Film Forming Finish - Durable, rich “look” with a satin sheen.
Sikkens Proluxe Color Visualization Tool
• You can model what your home would look like with Sikkens Cetol finishes using the Sikkens "Color Your Home" website.
• Please note that colors render differently on different computers and may not precisely match the color of your delivered stain.
• Sample color cans are also available for purchase if you would like to see how your home will look with any particular color.
• Coverage areas per coat for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE as follows:
• On rough and weathered surfaces, 200 – 300 sq. ft./gallon.
• On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 400 - 500 sq ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE Colors:
• Natural Oak (005) - (SIK43005); Dark Oak (009) - (SIK43009); Mahogany (045) - (SIK43045); Butternut (072) - (SIK43072); Cedar (077) - (SIK43077); Natural (078) - (SIK43078); Teak (085) - (SIK43085)
Special Shipping Note
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE may not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. restrictions.
2019 Name Update:
• PPG has announced that Proluxe Cetol 23 Plus RE Wood Finish will now be known as Proluxe 23 Top Coat RE Wood Finish. Please click here for further details on this change.
Recent PPG Proluxe Manufacturer's Rebate Forms:
• PPG Proluxe Rebate July 2022
|Stain Use Area||Logs, Siding, Doors / Windows, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info||
Additional Technical Information and Resources for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE:
Previously Coated Wood - Previous stains, varnishes or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed prior to application of Proluxe Cetol 23 RE Wood Finish. After removal of previous coatings, clean and prepare surface as specified above.
New Wood - Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Pressure treated wood must be properly seasoned, dry with a moisture content of 18% or less and free of salts and other water soluble materials before applying stain. Water- repellent treated lumber requires one year minimum of weathering prior to cleaning and application.
Weathered Uncoated Wood – Clean and prepare surface as specified above.
Exotic Hardwoods - Ipe, mahogany, iron wood, tiger wood and teak woods exhibit a dense cell structure which may reduce the ability of a coating to penetrate the wood surface. Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Immediately prior to applying coating, wipe surface with acetone.
Checking Moisture Content Before Staining:
Caulking Cracks, Checks, and Gaps :
Application Note: Tannin containing woods such as redwood, red cedar, mahogany, douglas fir, etc. contain tannic acid which tends to migrate to the surface and discolor the stain, especially noticeable when using white or light colors. The discoloration is not harmful and can usually be removed. Apply a cleaning solution of four (4) ounces of oxalic acid to one gallon of warm water using a garden sprayer or a heavy nap roller cover. Allow solution to dwell on surface for 20 minutes then thoroughly rise with clean water. DO NOT ALLOW solution to dry on wood surface.
Cleanup & Shelf Life
Application Do’s and Don’ts