Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Exterior Stain
Free Ground Shipping on 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free shipping for 5 gallon pails of this product purchased online and shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
Sikkens Proluxe. The same great Sikkens formula you know and trust, slightly different labels.
The high quality formula that is synonymous with the Sikkens name is exactly the same as before. Only the name is changing. You can be confident that the product is the same in the can regardless of whether the name is Sikkens or ProLuxe . Please click here, here, or here for further information from PPG on this change.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE is a premium, translucent, exterior wood base coat to be used with Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE Plus. Its superior oil alkyd formulation offers excellent penetration and adhesion to vertical wood surfaces. Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE offers superior UV protection, and is highly transparent, water repellent, weather resistant, flexible, and breathable. When used as a system, this product provides a durable, rich film that will protect from harmful UV rays and minimize peeling and blistering. The inclusion of translucent iron oxide pigments and UV absorbers gives excellent UV protection and color retention.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Recommended Uses
• Cetol 1 RE may be used as the first and possible second coat for the Cetol 1 RE/Cetol 23 RE Plus system.
• Cetol 1 RE may also be used on its own as a three (3) coat system for specific purposes (i.e. outdoor furniture and fences).
• Cetol 1 RE can be used on the following: Log Walls, Siding, Garage Doors, Outdoor Furniture, Trim, Windows, Fences, Entrance Doors, Log Homes.
• Cetol 1 RE should not be used on horizontal surfaces that may be walked on such as decks. Please check out Cetol SRD or Cetol DEK if you are in need of a premium Sikkens deck stain.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Key Features and Benefits
• Translucent Iron Oxide Pigments - Improved clarity and color retention; protection from graying.
• UV Absorbers – Added UV protection leads to less frequent maintenance.
• Microporous - Allows the wood to breathe, minimizing peeling and blistering.
• Translucent Film Forming Finish - Basecoat for the Cetol 1 and Cetol 23 Plus system which offers a rich look with a satin sheen.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Color Visualization Tool
• You can model what your home would look like with Sikkens Cetol finishes using the Sikkens "Color Your Home" website.
• Please note that colors render differently on different computers and may not precisely match the color of your delivered stain.
• Sample color cans are also available for purchase if you would like to see how your home will look with any particular color.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Coverage Rate
• Coverage areas per coat for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE as follows:
• On rough and weathered surfaces, 200 – 300 sq. ft./gallon.
• On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 250 - 350 sq ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Exterior Stain Colors:
• Natural Oak (005) - (SIK41005); Dark Oak (009) - (SIK41009); Mahogany (045) - (SIK41045); Butternut (072) - (SIK41072); Cedar (077) - (SIK41077); Natural (078) - (SIK41078); Teak (085) - (SIK41085)
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Shipping
• Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE may not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. restrictions.
2019 Name Update:
• PPG has announced that Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Wood Finish will now be known as Proluxe 1 Primary RE Wood Finish. Please click here for further details on this change.
|Stain Use Area||Logs, Siding, Doors / Windows, Exterior|
|Guides / Product Info||
Additional Technical Resources for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE:
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Application Methods
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Dry Time
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Preparation Instructions
Previously Coated Wood - Previous stains, varnishes or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed prior to application of Cetol 1 RE. After removal of previous coatings, clean and prepare surface as specified above.
New Wood - Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Pressure treated wood must be properly seasoned, dry with a moisture content of 18% or less and free of salts and other water soluble materials before applying stain. Water- repellent treated lumber requires one year minimum of weathering prior to cleaning and application.
Weathered Uncoated Wood – Clean and prepare surface as specified above.
Exotic Hardwoods - Ipe, mahogany, iron wood, tiger wood and teak woods exhibit a dense cell structure which may reduce the ability of a coating to penetrate the wood surface. Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Immediately prior to applying coating, wipe surface with acetone.
Checking Moisture Content Before Staining:
Caulking Cracks, Checks, and Gaps :
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Application Information
Application Note: Tannin containing woods such as redwood, red cedar, mahogany, douglas fir, etc. contain tannic acid which tends to migrate to the surface and discolor the stain, especially noticeable when using white or light colors. The discoloration is not harmful and can usually be removed. Apply a cleaning solution of four (4) ounces of oxalic acid to one gallon of warm water using a garden sprayer or a heavy nap roller cover. Allow solution to dwell on surface for 20 minutes then thoroughly rise with clean water. DO NOT ALLOW solution to dry on wood surface.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Cleanup & Shelf Life
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Maintenance Instructions
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Application Do’s and Don’ts