#4 Grade Western Red Cedar Undercourse Sidewall Shingles
#4 Grade 18” Perfection Western Red Cedar Undercourse Sidewall Shingles are specifically milled as a utility-grade product intended for the undercoursing of Cedar Shingle siding. This product is not intended to be used as a roofing material. Instead, this product is ideal for starter course rows when using the single-course method of shingle installation. It is also perfect for standard undercoursing when using the double-course method.
Features & Benefits of Western Red Cedar Shingles:
• Extreme Durability – Cedar Shingles easily withstand harsh weather conditions including heavy wind, rain, and hail.
• Longevity – Western Red Cedar is known as one of the most durable softwoods. With proper maintenance, Cedar Shingles can beautify your home for decades.
• Energy Efficiency – Cedar offers excellent insulation for your home. While maintaining a low carbon footprint, Cedar will keep your house warmer during cold months, while allowing your home to breathe and stay cooler during the warmer months.
• Termite Resistance – Western Red Cedar is naturally resistant to termites.
• Ease of Installation - Cedar Shingles are simple to install and come pre-bundled for easy jobsite transport.
• Versatility – Western Red Cedar Shingles can be used with many different architectural styles, affording you the option of a home covered in beautiful Cedar wood, or simply a small rustic accent area on an otherwise traditional home.
• Adaptability – Cedar Shingles are manufactured to be used on both interior and exterior wall surfaces.
• Packaging: This product is bundled in 32-running foot bundles.
• Length: 18" (Perfection)
• Grade: #4 Grade. Non-bureau grading. Unlimited Defects, Flat-Grain and Sapwood Allowed
• Texture: Sanded
• Thickness: 3/4" to 1" thickness at the butt.
• Width: 17" maximum exposure, 2 1/2" minimum exposure
Estimating Cedar Shingles:
Please ensure you have the following information when estimating wall coverage for cedar shingles:
1. Size in square feet of the wall area you are trying to cover.
2. Application and exposure to be used.
3. Product type used.
4. Amount of product in each box or bundle.
|Species||Western Red Cedar|
|Shingle Grade||No. 4 Undercoursing|
|Shingle Length||18" Perfection|
|Shingle Profile||Taper Sawn|
|Guides / Product Info||
Finishing Cedar Shingles: