3x10 White Pine "D" Log Siding
3x10 White Pine “D” Log Siding Specifications:
• Stack Height: 8 3/4"
• Maximum Thickness: 2 1/2"
• Available Lengths: 8', 10’, 12’, 14’, and 16'.
• Grade: NeLMA Standard Grade
• Drying Type: Kiln-Dried
• Joinery Type: Shiplap or Tongue & Groove. Please specify at time of ordering.
• Texture: Milled Smooth
• Installation Type: Stainless Steel Nail or Screw.
• Cutting Waste: Recommended approximately 5%-10% for walls, 15%-25% for gable ends depending on roof angle.
• Typical Weight per linear foot: 4 - 5 lbs./lf
• Hewing Option: Draw Knifing is available for this profile for an additional fee.
• False Corners: 6x10 "D" False Corners are available with a Dovetail, Saddle Notch or Butt/Pass Corner.
• Shipping Options: Flat-bed tractor trailer, Roll Back, LTL Carrier. Shipping method is determined based on location and order size to minimize cost.
**When shipping via LTL carrier, pallets longer than 12' are subject to a $150 fee by the carrier for Overlength Freight.**
• Please Note: The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. Twin Creeks reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without notice.
3x10 White Pine "D" Log Siding Coverage Calculations:
You can calculate the coverage for the tongue and groove using our Tips page: How Do I Determine How Much Lumber I Need? Please call us if you would like a free takeoff for your project as well.
3x10 White Pine “D” Log Siding Resources:
NeLMA Siding Installation Information
3x10 White Pine “D” Log Siding Preparation Information:
Our Kiln Dried 3x10 White Pine “D” Log Siding is ready for installation once received on your jobsite. However, wood will shrink and swell with changes in moisture content and weather. According to NeLMA, to minimize dimensional change after installation, install siding at a moisture content that matches with local climate as closely as possible. If climate in a particular region causes wood to maintain 8% to 13% moisture content annually, then the most ideal siding would be installed at a moisture content within that range, and the material would be stored, stickered and protected for a week to ten days prior to application.
3x10 White Pine “D” Log Siding Storage Prior To Application:
Until installed, all log siding needs protection from direct sunlight, water saturation, snow, ice, dirt, and other elements. It is best to store the siding flat and off the ground with a vapor barrier so that moisture is not absorbed through the bottom boards of the stack. The siding should be protected with a waterproof covering elevated in the center so that water does not pool on the cover. We also recommend that you do not completely seal the bundle, as good air circulation is required to prevent any blue stain or molding. Ideally, the siding should be stored in an enclosed building such as a garage prior to use.
3x10 White Pine “D” Log Siding Maintenance:
As with every unfinished exterior wood, applying a quality finish to all surfaces (including the ends) is recommended. An exterior finish protects the wood from moisture absorption and UV degradation, and helps prevent staining caused by mold and mildew. On occasion, the siding may have a mill glaze that is produced when the material is manufactured through the planer. When mill glaze occurs, it is recommended to remove it by pressure washing the wood or sanding prior to staining. Sanding is not recommended as a first option unless every piece is sanded. We offer a wide selection of Oil and Water Based exterior finishes that we can recommend based on the final finish, maintenance schedule and look that is desired. Most translucent exterior finishes will need to be re-coated or reapplied every 3 -5 years depending on the product and your home's UV exposure. You can find all of the exterior stain products that we carry at our Exterior Stains page.
|Siding Type||"D" Log Siding|
|Species||Eastern White Pine|