1x8 White Pine Tongue and Groove Shiplap Siding - Standard Grade
Oftentimes referred to as Nickel Gap, Square Edge Tongue and Groove, or Shadow Gap, 1x8 White Pine Tongue and Groove Shiplap Siding is quickly growing in popularity due to its rustic appeal and easy installation. Featured frequently by Chip and Joanna Gaines on the show “Fixer Upper,” shiplap siding gives a contemporary farmhouse look to any existing home or space. Traditionally installed in historic homes or farmhouses, Shiplap Sidings have long been a fixture in American architecture. Milled smooth on both sides, the 1x8 Tongue and Groove Shiplap Siding can be either stained or painted to enhance your existing décor.
Product Specifications: 1x8 White Pine Tongue and Groove Shiplap Siding - Standard Grade
• Stack Height: 7 1/8"
• Thickness: 3/4"
• Gap Size: 1/8" gap on the Tongue side only.
• Profile: Reversible with Nickel Gap face / Center Match face
• Available Lengths: 8', 10’, 12’, 14’, and 16'. This product is sold in random lengths only.
• Minimum Order: This profile is available as a special order. The manufacturer requires an order minimum of 750 lf to produce this profile.
• Lead Time: Typically available in 2-3 weeks.
• Grade: NeLMA Standard Grade.
• Joinery Type: Tongue and Groove.
• Texture: Milled smooth both faces.
• Installation Type: Stainless Steel Nail or Screw.
• Cutting Waste: Recommended approximately 5%-10% for walls, 15%-25% for gable ends depending on roof angle.
• Typical Weight per linear foot: 1 lb./lf
• Hewing Option: Hand Hewing or Draw Knifing is not available on this profile.
• Shipping Options: Flat-bed tractor trailer, Roll Back, LTL Carrier. Shipping method is determined based on location and order size to minimize cost.
• Please Note: The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. Twin Creeks reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without notice.
You can calculate the coverage for the Shiplap Siding using our Tips page: How Do I Determine How Much Lumber I Need? Please call us if you would like a free takeoff for your project as well.
NeLMA Siding Installation Information
Our 1x8 White Pine Tongue and Groove Shiplap Siding is ready for installation once received on your jobsite. However, wood will shrink and swell with any changes in moisture content and weather. According to NeLMA, to minimize dimensional change after installation, install shiplap siding at a moisture content that matches with local climate as closely as possible. If climate in a particular region causes wood to maintain 8% to 13% moisture content annually, then the most ideal shiplap siding would be installed at a moisture content within that range, and the material would be stored, stickered and protected for a week to ten days prior to application.
With any unfinished interior wood, applying a quality finish to all surfaces (including the ends) is recommended. An interior finish protects the wood from moisture absorption and UV degradation, and helps prevent any finger stains caused by touching the unfinished wood. On occasion, the shiplap siding may have a mill glaze that is produced when the material is manufactured through the planer. When mill glaze occurs, it is recommended to remove it by sanding prior to staining or clear coating the wood. Sanding is not recommended as a first option unless every piece is sanded. We offer a wide selection of Water Based Interior Finishes that we can recommend based on the final sheen level and look that is desired. Most interior finishes do not have to be re-coated or reapplied depending on the UV exposure to your home. You can find all of the interior stains and finish products that we carry at our Interior Stains page
Storage Prior To Application:
Until installed, all shiplap siding needs protection from direct sunlight, water saturation, snow, ice, dirt, and other elements. Ideally, the shiplap siding should be stored in an enclosed building such as a garage prior to use. It is best to store the shiplap siding flat and off the ground with a vapor barrier so that moisture is not absorbed through the bottom boards of the stack. If stored outside, the siding should be protected with a waterproof covering elevated in the center so that water does not pool on the cover. We also recommend that you do not completely seal the bundle, as good air circulation is required to prevent any blue stain or molding.
|Species||Eastern White Pine|
|Edge Profile||Shiplap/Nickel Gap Tongue & Groove, Square-Edge Tongue & Groove|
|Guides / Product Info|