1x6 White Pine Shiplap Siding
1x6 White Pine Shiplap Siding Product Specifications:
• Stack Height: 5"
• Thickness: 3/4"
• Available Lengths: 8', 10’, 12’, 14’, and 16'. This product is sold in random lengths only.
• Minimum Order Quantity: This profile is available as a special order. The manufacturer requires an order minimum of 750 lf to produce this profile.
• Typical Lead Time: Typically available in 2-3 weeks.
• Grade:NeLMA Standard Grade.
• Joinery Type: Shiplap, Fits Flush, can be set at jobsite for multiple gap widths as desired.
• Installation Type: Stainless Steel Nail or Screw.
• Cutting Waste: Recommended approximately 5%-10% for walls, 15%-25% for gable ends depending on roof angle.
• Typical Weight per linear foot: 1 lbs./lf
• Texture: This profile is typically set for one smooth face and a textured rough face on the reverse side, making this a reversible board. It can also be produced as both sides rough or both sides smooth faced
• Hewing Option: Hand Hewing or Draw Knifing is not available on this profile.
• Shipping Options: Flat-bed tractor trailer, Roll Back, LTL Carrier. Shipping method is determined based on location and order size to minimize cost.
• Please Note: The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. Twin Creeks reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without notice.
You can calculate the coverage for the Shiplap Siding using our Tips page: How Do I Determine How Much Lumber I Need? Please call us if you would like a free takeoff for your project as well.
1x6 White Pine Shiplap Siding Resources:
NeLMA Siding Installation Information
Our Kiln Dried 1x6 White Pine Shiplap Siding is ready for installation once received on your jobsite. However, wood will shrink and swell with any changes in moisture content and weather. According to NeLMA, to minimize dimensional change after installation, install shiplap siding at a moisture content that matches with local climate as closely as possible. If climate in a particular region causes wood to maintain 8% to 13% moisture content annually, then the most ideal shiplap siding would be installed at a moisture content within that range, and the material would be stored, stickered and protected for a week to ten days prior to application.
As with every unfinished exterior wood, applying a quality finish to all surfaces (including the ends) is recommended. An exterior finish protects the wood from moisture absorption and UV degradation, and helps prevent staining caused by mold and mildew. On occasion, the siding may have a mill glaze that is produced when the material is manufactured through the planer. When mill glaze occurs, it is recommended to remove it by pressure washing the wood or sanding prior to staining. Sanding is not recommended as a first option unless every piece is sanded. We offer a wide selection of Oil and Water Based exterior finishes that we can recommend based on the final finish, maintenance schedule and look that is desired. Most translucent exterior finishes will need to be re-coated or reapplied every 3 -5 years depending on the product and your home's UV exposure. You can find all of the exterior stain products that we carry at our Exterior Stains page.
Storage Prior To Application:
Until installed, all shiplap siding needs protection from direct sunlight, water saturation, snow, ice, dirt, and other elements. Ideally, the shiplap siding should be stored in an enclosed building such as a garage prior to use. It is best to store the shiplap siding flat and off the ground with a vapor barrier so that moisture is not absorbed through the bottom boards of the stack. If stored outside, the siding should be protected with a waterproof covering elevated in the center so that water does not pool on the cover. We also recommend that you do not completely seal the bundle, as good air circulation is required to prevent any blue stain or molding.
|Board Texture||Smooth, Rough|
|Species||Eastern White Pine|