1x8 Radiata Pine Primed Tongue & Groove Shiplap
Product Specifications: 1x8 Radiata Pine Primed Shiplap Siding
• Stack Height: 6 3/4"
• Thickness: 3/4"
• Gap Size: 1/8" gap on the tongue side only.
• Profile: Reversible Board - "Nickel Gap" Shiplap Face / Center Match Face
• Available Length: 16'
• Grade: Clear Finger-Jointed Radiata Pine - Primed
• Joinery Type: Tongue and Groove.
• Texture: Milled Smooth/Primed
• Installation Type: Stainless Steel Nail or Screw.
• Cutting Waste: Recommended approximately 5%-10% for walls, 15%-25% for gable ends depending on roof angle.
• Typical Weight per linear foot: 1 lb./lf
• Hewing Option: Hand Hewing or Draw Knifing is not available on this profile.
• Shipping Options: Flat-bed tractor trailer, Roll Back, LTL Carrier. Shipping method is determined based on location and order size to minimize cost.
**When shipping via LTL carrier, pallets longer than 12' are subject to a $150 fee by the carrier for Overlength Freight.**
• Please Note: The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. Twin Creeks reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without notice.
You can calculate the coverage for Shiplap Siding using our Tips page: How Do I Determine How Much Lumber I Need? Please call us if you would like a free takeoff for your project as well.
Our 1x8 Radiata Pine Primed Shiplap Siding is ready for installation once received on your jobsite. However, wood will shrink and swell with any changes in moisture content and weather. To minimize dimensional change after installation, install shiplap siding at a moisture content that matches with local climate as closely as possible. If climate in a particular region causes wood to maintain 8% to 13% moisture content annually, then the most ideal shiplap siding would be installed at a moisture content within that range, and the material would be stored, stickered and protected for a week to ten days prior to application.
Storage Prior To Application:
Until installed, all shiplap siding needs protection from direct sunlight, water saturation, snow, ice, dirt, and other elements. Ideally, the shiplap siding should be stored in an enclosed building such as a garage prior to use. It is best to store the shiplap siding flat and off the ground with a vapor barrier so that moisture is not absorbed through the bottom boards of the stack. If stored outside, the siding should be protected with a waterproof covering elevated in the center so that water does not pool on the cover. We also recommend that you do not completely seal the bundle, as good air circulation is required to prevent any blue stain or molding.
|Edge Profile||Shiplap/Nickel Gap Tongue & Groove, Square-Edge Tongue & Groove|
|Guides / Product Info|