1x6 White Pine Plain Bevel Siding
1x6 White Pine Plain Bevel Siding Specifications:
• Face Coverage: 4 1/2"
• Thickness of Siding Bottom: 5/8"
• Grade: NeLMA Premium Grade
• Surfacing: Reversible board with one light rough textured face and one smooth face.
• Available Lengths: 8', 10’, 12’, 14’, and 16'. This product is available in random length piece counts only.
• Recommended Fasteners: Stainless Steel Nail or Screw.
• Cutting Waste: We recommend allowing approximately 5%-10% cutting waste for walls and 15%-25% for gable ends depending on the roof angle.
• Typical Weight per linear foot: 1/2 lbs./lf
• Hewing Option: Hand Hewing is not available with this profile.
• False Corners Option: False Corners are not available with this profile.
• Shipping Options: Flat-bed tractor trailer, Roll Back, LTL Carrier. Shipping method is determined based on location and order size to minimize cost.
**When shipping via LTL carrier, pallets longer than 12' are subject to a $150 fee by the carrier for Overlength Freight.**
• Please Note: The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. Twin Creeks reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without notice.
1x6 White Pine Plain Bevel Siding Coverage Calculations:
You can calculate the coverage for this siding using our Tips page: How Do I Determine How Much Lumber I Need? Please call us if you would like a free takeoff for your project as well.
1x6 White Pine Plain Bevel Siding Resources:
NeLMA Siding Installation Guide
1x6 White Pine Plain Bevel Siding Preparation Information:
Our Kiln Dried 1x6 White Pine Plain Bevel Siding is ready for installation once received on your jobsite. However, wood will shrink and swell with any changes in moisture content and weather. According to NeLMA, to minimize dimensional change after installation, install siding at a moisture content that matches with local climate as closely as possible. If climate in a particular region causes wood to maintain 8% to 13% moisture content annually, then the most ideal siding would be installed at a moisture content within that range, and the material would be stored, stickered and protected for a week to ten days prior to application.
1x6 White Pine Plain Bevel Siding Maintenance:
As with every unfinished exterior wood, applying a quality finish to all surfaces (including the ends) is recommended. An exterior finish protects the wood from moisture absorption and UV degradation, and helps prevent staining caused by mold and mildew. On occasion, the siding may have a mill glaze that is produced when the material is manufactured through the planer. When mill glaze occurs, it is recommended to remove it by pressure washing the wood or sanding prior to staining. Sanding is not recommended as a first option unless every piece is sanded. We offer a wide selection of Oil and Water Based exterior finishes that we can recommend based on the final finish, maintenance schedule and look that is desired. Most exterior finishes do have to be re-coated or reapplied every 3 -5 years depending on the UV exposure to your home. You can find all of the exterior stain products that we carry at our Exterior Stains page.
1x6 White Pine Plain Bevel Siding Storage Prior To Application:
Until installed, all log siding needs protection from direct sunlight, water saturation, snow, ice, dirt, and other elements. It is best to store the siding flat and off the ground with a vapor barrier so that moisture is not absorbed through the bottom boards of the stack. The siding should be protected with a waterproof covering elevated in the center so that water does not pool on the cover. We also recommend that you do not completely seal the bundle, as good air circulation is required to prevent any blue stain or molding. Ideally, the siding should be stored in an enclosed building such as a garage prior to use.
|Siding Type||Bevel Siding|
|Board Texture||Smooth, Rough|
|Species||Eastern White Pine|
|Guides / Product Info|