Bundle #1 Grade 24” Western Red Cedar Hand-Split Heavy Roof Shakes
#1 Grade 24” Western Red Cedar Hand-Split Heavy Roof Shakes will add warmth, durability, and timeless charm to your home. Cedar shakes are lightweight, wind resistant, and provide excellent insulation. Whether you choose to stain them yourself or allow them to weather naturally, real cedar shakes are the low-maintenance, practical option that will give your home the beautiful look you desire.
Features & Benefits of Western Red Cedar Shakes:
• Extreme Durability – Cedar Shakes easily withstand harsh weather conditions including heavy wind, rain, and hail.
• Longevity – Western Red Cedar is known as one of the most durable softwoods. With proper maintenance, Cedar Shakes can beautify your home for decades.
• Energy Efficiency – Cedar offers excellent insulation for your home. While maintaining a low carbon footprint, Cedar will keep your house warmer during cold months, while allowing your home to breathe and stay cooler during the warmer months.
• Termite Resistance – Western Red Cedar wood is naturally resistant to termites.
• Ease of Installation - Cedar Shakes are simple to install and come pre-bundled for easy jobsite transport.
• Versatility – Western Red Cedar Shakes can be used with many different architectural styles, affording you the option of a home covered in beautiful Cedar wood, or simply a small rustic accent area on an otherwise traditional home.
• Adaptability – Cedar Shakes are manufactured to be used on both interior and exterior wall surfaces.
• Coverage: 5 Bundles = 1 Square (100 square feet of roof coverage) at 10" shake exposure
• Length: 24"
• Grade: #1 Grade (Blue Label). Non-bureau grading. Clear Heartwood, 100% Edge Grain, No Defects
• Texture: Hand-Split, Natural Texture
• Thickness: 3/4" to 1" thickness at the butt
• Width: 10" maximum exposure, 4" minimum exposure
Coverage Rate Chart:
**5 Bundles Typically Yield 1 Square. Actual Coverage Rates May Vary Based on Mill Specifications.**
Estimating Cedar Shakes:
Please ensure you have the following information when estimating roof coverage for cedar shakes:
1. Size of the roof area you are trying to cover, measured in square feet.
2. Application and exposure to be used.
3. Product type used.
4. Amount of product in each box or bundle.
|Species||Western Red Cedar|
|Shingle Application||Roof Shingle|
|Shingle Grade||No. 1 Blue Label|
|Shingle Length||24" Royal|
|Guides / Product Info||
Additional Technical Resources for 24” Royal Western Red Cedar Hand-Split Roof Shakes:
Finishing Cedar Shakes: