Stay-Clean I/E Mildewcide Paint Additive is an extremely effective EPA registered, fungicide designed to provide long-lasting protection against mold & mildew on most standard latex and oil-base paint, stain or wallpaper adhesives. Stay Clean can be applied on most interior and exterior surfaces, including bathrooms, kitchens, decks and pantries. It is recommended that you remove all existing mold & mildew before painting, and be sure that the area to be painted is clean and dry. Stay Clean is ideal for residential and professional contractors, as well as DIY users for interior and exterior projects.
Features & Benefits:
• EPA registered fungicide inhibits the growth of mold & mildew on interior and exterior surfaces.
• Blends easily into all latex and oil base paints, stains or wallpaper adhesives.
• Proven, long-lasting protection against mold & mildew.
• Will not affect color or performance of paints, stains or wallpaper adhesives.
• Easy application and no odor.
• May be used in all standard interior and exterior paints, varnishes, and stains, including latex and alkyd coatings and wallpaper adhesives.
• Not recommended for low-solids systems such as conventional water sealers - the Stay-Clean I/E product may settle resulting in inconsistent application.
• Color: Although Stay-Clean I/E is off-white in color it will not affect the color of the paint or stain it is mixed with.
• Add Entire contents of 9 Gram pouch to 1 gallon of paint, stain or wallpaper adhesive; add entire contents of 45-Gr. Syringe to 5 gallons (paint, stain or wallpaper adhesive.
• Mix thoroughly into the paint, stain or wallpaper adhesive.
• Surfaces to be painted or papered must be clean, dry and in good condition prior to application. Be sure to remove existing interior/mildew with a bleach-cleaning solution to kill existing mildew. If you do not eliminate the mildew you will only be covering up the problem and mildew will return.
• Stay-Clean I/E™ will perform as claimed if directions are followed. Directions are as complete as possible but cannot encompass all conditions, applications, techniques, and/or surfaces beyond our control. If you have a question, check with your dealer or contact Walla Walla Environmental, Inc. Walla Walla, WA. Warranty is limited to replacement or refunded value of product actually used if such product proves defective within two years of manufacture. No other warranty is expressed or implied.
• EPA Registration No.: 47332-7
• Active Ingredients: 2-(4 -thizazolyn-benzimidazole)
Commonly Asked Questions:
• What is Stay-Clean I/E? Stay-Clean I/E is a mildewcide paint additive designed to inhibit mold & mildew growth on interior and exterior surfaces.
• Where can Stay-Clean I/E be applied? Stay-Clean I/E can be applied on most interior and exterior surfaces, including bathrooms, kitchens, decks and pantries.
• Does Stay-Clean I/E Kill Mildew? No, it does not kill mildew. It is a mildewcide additive that inhibits the growth of mold and mildew on surfaces. One of the only thing that kills mildew is bleach. Stay-Clean I/E helps keep the mildew away after it is eliminated.
• Will it affect the appearance of the finish? Stay-Clean I/E will not effect the color or drying time of the coating. It can even be added to a clear coating.
• What surface preparation is involved? It is recommended that you remove all existing mold & mildew before painting, and be sure that the area to be painted is clean and dry.
• What about mildew that we can’t see, will it control that mildew? If you are worried about mold and mildew under floors, behind walls, in the ventilation, or in other unseen areas, you should contact a professional who specializes in mold and mildew remediation.
• What type of coating can Stay-Clean I/E be mixed with? Stay-Clean I/E can be added to any oil or latex based paint, stain, or sealant. It can even be mixed with wallpaper adhesive.
• Does Stay-Clean I/E have an odor or harmful fumes? No.
• How long does the Stay-Clean I/E last? It will last for 3-5 years depending on conditions.