Simpson Strong-Tie Wood Siding Nails
Whether you're siding with Cedar, Redwood or Cypress, you'll find that Simpson Strong-Tie carries the right fastener for the job. Fine wood siding offers natural beauty, dimensional stability, superior workability, and resistance to insect damage and decay given proper treatment and maintenance.
The slender gauge of our hand-drive stainless steel wood siding nails prevents splitting, and textured heads ensure a better blend with wood grains.
In fact, you can count on Simpson Strong-Tie products to endure the challenges of harsh environmental elements and time - in most cases outlasting the life of the siding itself.
• Checker pattern on heads blends with wood grain, reduces glare from sunlight and accepts surface finishes.
• Annular ring shank increases pull-out resistance to provide a secure attachment that reduces cupping of siding boards.
• Diamond point for easier driving.
• Please Note: Type 316 stainless steel should be specified for seaside applications.
• Protect the considerable investment in fine wood siding from hard-to-remove stains and streaks.
• Highest quality nails for cedar, redwood and cypress siding materials.
• Everlasting Fastening -- High tensile Nickel/Chromium stainless steel will last the life of wood siding without degradation.
• Slender gauge and blunt diamond point minimize splitting.
• Generous under-head fillet allows nails to be driven flush or countersunk without crushing surrounding wood.
• Annular ring threads preclude cupping of siding boards and nail-head popping.
What is an Annular Rink Shank Nail?
Annular threads or "rings" are formed on the shank to increase pull out capacity. The "rings" create an interlock between the shank of the nail and the wood, providing superior holding power. Generally considered the nail type with the best withdrawal resistance.
• Head Pattern: Checkered
• Shank type: Annular-Ring Shank
• Point Type: Diamond Point
• Material: Type 304 Stainless Steel
Approximate Nail Count Per Lb.:
• 6d: 245
• 8d: 196
• 10d: 120
• 16d: 88
Actual Dimensions of Nails:
• 6d: 0.092 x 2”
• 8d: 0.092 x 2.5”
• 10d: 0.113 x 3”
• 16d: 0.120 x 3.5”