PLEASE CALL US AT 800-299-8981 FOR BEST PRICES
Retailers like Twin Creeks Log Home Supply have the right to set their own prices, but some manufacturers place restrictions on how those prices may be communicated. Because our everyday low price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's "minimum advertised price," we are currently unable to show you our price on this website. Please call us at 800-299-8981 for discounted pricing on this item.
No matter what it encounters—wind, rain, sleet, sun or snow, Sashco Log Jam Chinking effectively holds its seal. Sashco Log Jam chinking keeps your home comfortable while keeping the weather where it belongs—outside.
Sashco Log Jam chinking is the elastic sealant that handles joint movement up to 100% - even in joints up to 4" wide - while maintaining its original appearance. With superior adhesion and elasticity, Sashco Log Jam chinking is guaranteed not to crack, tear or peel away from logs. Plus, it's the only chinking to hold a UL one-hour fire rating when applied in accordance with Fire Resistance Directory Design No. UL519.
Sashco Log Jam chinking's six textured colors seal your home with the traditional look of mortar.
Sashco Log Jam Features & Benefits
• Recognized industry standard for synthetic chinking.
• Exclusive 1-hour UL fire rating.
• Superior elasticity – won't tear, preventing weather and insect infiltration.
• Limited lifetime warranty.
• Introduced in 1985 – proven formula.
• Water-based – easy to apply and clean up.
• Freeze-thaw stable.
Sashco Log Jam Application Information
• Ideal application range is between 50-90°F.
• Ideal sealant depth is 1/2 of the joint width, but no less than 1/4", nor more than 1/2".
• Install a bond breaker before Sashco Log Jam is applied, such as backer rod, Grip Strip, and bond-breaking tape.
• Sashco Log Jam forms a water-resistant skin in 1-4 hours after application.
• If Sashco Log Jam is applied in cool or humid weather and rain is imminent, covering the chinking with a plastic sheet may be necessary.
• Cure-through time: 3 weeks (1/2" thickness. 70°F, 50% relative humidity).
• Paintable with oil or latex stains after 1 week cure time.
• If giving Sashco Log Jam chinking a facelift with Brush Over, make sure the chinking is cured.
• Clean up: Hands, surfaces and equipment may be cleaned-up with water.
Sashco Log Jam Technical Guides
Preventing Blisters in Chinking Material
Do-It-Yourself Chink Paint Formula with Log Jam Chinking
Estimation Guide for Chinking
|Lineal feet per full gallon (231 cu. in.)||
Width of Joint
|Depth of Joint||1/4"||154||77||51||39||31||25||22||19|
|You may calculate gallonage needed by finding the feet per gallon and dividing your lineal feet by that number.
Keep in mind that the depth is an average depth across the joint. We tend to think of the depth in the middle of the joint where it is actually the thinnest. If your estimations are generally short, check to see that you use average joint depth.
Log Jam Chinking Color Chart:
Write Your Own Review
Questions on Log Jam Chinking
No questions asked yet