Free Ground Shipping on 5 Gallon Pails
We are offering free ground shipping for 5 gallon pails of this product purchased online and shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories.
Perma Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 is the most durable exterior stain that Perma-Chink Systems has ever developed. After multiple exposure tests in harsh weather areas across the country ( snow country, the sunny southeast and extreme mountain locations), Lifeline Ultra-7 stands out as a top-of-the-line, long-lasting finish.
The secret behind its durability is Lifeline Ultra-7’s state-of-the-art resin that creates a flexible and tough seal on your home’s logs. Perhaps more importantly than the seal’s strength, the resin also ensures that the seal is continuous, providing protection from holes and gaps that might otherwise develop with a lower-quality finish. In addition it has unsurpassed adhesion to wood.
It’s this continuity that has proven to be much more resistant to UV degradation, color fading and adhesion loss. And just like all Lifeline finishes, the water-resistant film breathes just like Gore-Tex® to allow trapped moisture to evaporate from your logs.
Perm-Chink is so confident in the performance of their newest product that they are offering it with up to a 5-year warranty against UV exposure when applied to bare wood and covered with Lifeline Advance clear topcoat.
Perma Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 Features & Benefits:
• High coverage rate.
• Excellent UV protection.
• Easy maintenance.
• Breathable film allows logs to dry.
• For walls and decks.
• Compatible with Perma-Chink wood care products.
• 5 year warranty when topcoated with Lifeline Advance Satin or Gloss.
Lifeline Ultra-7 Stain Color Chart:
Lifeline Ultra-7 Stain Resources:
Lifeline Ultra-7 Stain Limited Manufacturer Warranty
MSDS Sheet - Lifeline Ultra-7 Stain
Perma-Chink Lifeline Ultra 7 Stain Sample Cans
• We highly recommend that you try a sample can of any new stain color you are considering. The finished color of translucent stains can vary substantially based on species, texture, porosity of wood, and application technique. Sampling on your own wood is inexpensive and the best way to make sure you get the color you want for your home.
Perma Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 Surface Preparation:
• Check for deterioration and decay. Replace or repair deteriorated wood. Contact any Perma-Chink Systems office for information about wood repairs.
• All surfaces should be free from mill glaze and contaminates including dirt, dust, mold and mildew, old finishes, water repellents and wax.
• Use only materials specifically approved by Perma-Chink Systems Inc. to strip, clean and prepare surfaces. If a borate-based wood preservative has been applied, make sure it is completely dry.
• Do not apply Lifeline Ultra-7 to surfaces that have been brushed or rubbed with steel wool. If you do, rust spots may appear under the finish. If the wood has been media blasted or more than a week has passed since the surface of the wood has been cleaned, wash down the surface with a solution of Log Wash™, rinse well and allow the surface to dry before applying Lifeline Ultra-7.
• DECKS: For new, pressure treated decks allow the wood to dry for at least three months before sanding the deck and railings with 60-80 grit sandpaper then clean with Log Wash™. On older decks remove all remnants of existing finishes as well as grey oxidized wood fibers. Contact any Perma-Chink Systems office for information about removing existing finishes and surface preparation products.
Perma Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 Application Instructions:
• Stir container every 15 minutes.
• Wear rubber gloves to avoid stains on skin and fingernails.
• If multiple containers are used, they should be poured together (boxed) to ensure best color consistency.
• Best Application Technique: Lifeline Ultra-7is best applied by sprayer and followed immediately by back-brushing to work the finish into the wood surface and promote the most even coverage and color. Small sections will help maintaining a wet edge to avoid lap marks.
• Stop your application lines at natural break points such as corners, window and door edges, butt joints.
• If wood has been media blasted, the use of Prelude™ Clear Wood Primer prevents over absorption of the stain resulting in uneven and darker than expected colors.
• Do not apply to hot surfaces or in direct sunlight.
• Vertical surfaces – (walls, posts, etc) After Lifeline Ultra-7has dried 4-6 hours, one coat of Lifeline Advance™ clear topcoat should be applied to add depth and extend the life of the finish system.
• Horizontal surfaces – (decks, handrails, etc.) One coat of Lifeline Ultra-7is all that should be applied to horizontal surfaces.
• Lifeline Advance ™ provides better appearance and adds an extra layer of protection against water, UV and contaminates, as well as making the surface much easier to keep clean.
• DO NOT APPLY LIFELINE ADVANCE™ TO DECKS, HANDRAILS AND OTHER HORIZONTAL SURFACES.
• Perma-Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 usually dries to the touch within 4-6 hours.
• Cures in 72 hours.
Perma Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 Coverage Rate:
• First coat: 250-350 square feet / gallon.
• Second coat: 450-600 square feet / gallon.
• Coverage rates are calculated over bare wood and depend on surface porosity of the wood.
• Do not thin or mix with other products.
• Stir thoroughly before and during use.
Perma Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 Application Methods:
• Airless sprayer with .015 or .017 tip.
• High quality synthetic bristle brush.
• Do not use rollers.
Perma Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 Clean Up & Storage:
• Clean area and equipment immediately with warm, soapy water.
• For sprayers and other commercial equipment, follow the manufacturer’s directions.
• For removing Lifeline Ultra-7 that has dried, soften with alcohol or mineral spirits and then clean with warm water.
• Store Lifeline Ultra-7 out of direct sunlight and do not allow product to freeze.
• Lifeline Ultra-7 has a 1 year shelf life.
Perma Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 Maintenance Information:
• Wood checking, cracking and shrinkage may expose unprotected wood.
• Apply periodic maintenance coats as needed. Additional maintenance coats of Lifeline Ultra-7 or Lifeline Advance™ may be applied directly over the existing Lifeline finish as needed.
• Apply in thin coats to avoid film build-up. Clean the surface with Log Wash™ before any maintenance application.
Perma Chink Lifeline Ultra-7 Colors:
• Almond (345),Bronze (374),Caramel (325),Cedar (385),Chestnut (365),Oak (332),Smoke (363)
Customer Reviews (1)
- Great quality productReview by Joe Joe
Features Value Design Quality Ease of Use
Write Your Own Review
If the Ultra 2 is still under warranty, definitely go back with the same product.