Lexel® is the superior alternative to silicone in adhesion, elasticity and paintability. Lexel can handle up to 400% more joint movement than silicone and won't tear out of joints like silicone. It can be scrubbed with cleansers and scouring pads, is 19 times clearer than silicone and won't yellow.
Although it's tough and resists tearing, Lexel is a soft co-polymer rubber. Lexel sticks to just about anything and can be applied to wet or dry surfaces, indoors and outdoors.
Sashco Lexel Caulk Features & Benefits
• Elastomeric with powerful adhesion—stretches but won't tear, crack or pull away and will not rip apart the substrate when joints expand.
• Can be applied to joints up to 2" wide.
• Water and mildew resistant.
• Full 10.5 oz. in every cartridge.
• Lexel sticks to itself, making repairs easy.
• Won't freeze.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty.
• Stop-flow plunger.
• Available in Clear and White.
Sashco Lexel Caulk Usage
• Lexel is excellent for use in a variety of areas and sticks to almost anything. This includes:
|• Countertops||• Backsplashes||• Wallpaper||• Trim|
|• Windows||• Doors||• Siding||• Vents|
|• Pipes||• HVAC||• Plastics||• Roofs|
|• Masonry||• Glass||• Wood||• Stone|
Sashco Lexel Caulk Application Information
.• If dirt or oils are present, wash with any household cleaner, rinse to remove and allow to thoroughly dry.
• Cut away any loose materials or old caulking. Any existing silicone should be completely removed to ensure proper adhesion of Lexel.
• Joint design: Insert backer rod into joints deeper than 1/2” to provide for proper sealant depth and a stronger, longer lasting seal.
• Choose Bead Size – Cut the spout at a 45° angle to your desired bead size and puncture the inner seal.
• Gun Lexel into the joint and release the trigger at the end of each bead.
• For a smoother bead, toolwith mineral spirits or a soapy finger and a light, skimming touch.
• Clean tools, hands and skin with mineral spirits, paint thinner or citrus-based cleaners.
• Leftover Lexel can be stored if sealed tightly. Wrap cartridge nozzles tightly with plastic wrap and a rubber band.
Sashco Lexel Caulk Resources
Sashco Lexel Caulk Benefit Sheet
MSDS Sheet - Sashco Lexel Caulk (Clear)
MSDS Sheet - Sashco Lexel Caulk (White)
MSDS Sheet - Sashco Lexel Caulk (White VOC)
VOC Compliance Statement
Write Your Own Review
Questions on Lexel Caulk
No questions asked yet