Weatherall UV GUARD® Exterior Wood Finish is an exterior acrylic wood finish that contains highly advanced UV absorbers and stabilizers. These unique and effective additives give greater protection and longevity to wood surfaces that are continuously exposed to the harmful and destructive ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Stringent testing during which Weatherall UV Guard was subjected to high levels of sunlight, moisture and temperature extremes proved that Weatherall UV Guard Exterior Wood Finish lasted longer and provided greater protection than major competitors.
Weatherall UV Guard Uses
• Weatherall UV Guard Exterior Wood Finish was developed for use as an exterior wood finish for log homes and quality wood siding as well as fences, shingles, and other vertical surfaces.
• Weatherall UV Guard Exterior Wood Finish is also safe to use on interior wood surfaces and areas that receive extra amounts of sunlight.
Weatherall UV Guard Features & Benefits
• Penetrates and seals the wood surface.
• Odorless when dry.
• Nonflammable when wet and increases kindling temperature/time of wood when dry.
• Easily applied by brush or airless sprayer.
• Repels moisture while allowing the wood to breathe naturally.
• Provides excellent adhesive surface for chinking and virtually eliminates all debonding problems that are likely to occur by using other popular finishes.
• Manufactured in non-yellowing clear and beautifully natural semi-transparent colors.
Weatherall UV Guard Coverage Rates
• Hand-Peeled Logs and Planed Lumber: 200-300 sq. ft./gallon on the first coat, and 400-500 sq. ft./gallon on subsequent coats.
• Milled Logs and Rough Sawn Lumber: 150-250 sq. ft./gallon on the first coat, and 300-400 sq. ft./gallon on subsequent coats.
Weatherall UV Guard Application Information
• Weatherall UV Guard can be easily applied by brush, airless sprayer or pump style garden sprayer.
• If spray application is used, back brushing is mandatory.
• It is not recommend that Weatherall Clear UV Guard be used as the only exterior coating.
• Weatherall Clear UV Guard should be applied only as the "finish coat" after at least two (2) coats of stain have been applied or as a maintenance cost to reseal a previous finish.
• Weatherall UV Guard will be dry to the touch in 30 minutes to 1 hour and completely dry in 24 to 48 hours depending on temperature and relative humidity.
• Clean up: Clean up immediately with soap and water. Dried brushes will require cleaning with lacquer thinner.
Twin Creeks Log Home Supply, 17 Business Way, Gray, TN 37615
firstname.lastname@example.org ∙ 800-299-8981
© 2013 Twin Creeks Log Home Supply, Inc.