Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish is a high performance, translucent satin finish for exterior decks. This alkyd high solids formulation offers optimum protection, ultimate durability and a beautiful furniture finish appearance with the simplicity of a one product two coat application.
Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish’s two-coat satin finish creates a protective film that gives deck surfaces a premium furniture-like finish that allows the natural characteristics and grain of the wood to show through. The product creates a durable surface barrier to prevent wood from weathering. Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish is available in four rich shades and has a satin sheen.
Sikkens Cetol DEK Recommended Usage
• Sikkens Cetol DEK can be used on decks, lattice, railings, and benches.
• Sikkens Cetol DEK may be used on: Pressure Treated Wood, Pine, Hardwoods, Cedar, Redwood, Composite Wood.
Sikkens Cetol DEK Features and Benefits
• High Solids Alkyd - Fewer coats needed for optimum protection and premium look.
•Translucent Iron Oxide Pigments & UV Absorbers - Combination gives high performance UV protection preventing graying and deterioration.
• Microporosity and Flexibility - Minimizes blistering and cracking due to expansion and contraction or moisture build-up.
• Added Silica - Improves the wear and tear properties and adds longevity to the finish.
Sikkens Cetol DEK Application Instructions
• Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish covers 350-450 sq. ft./gallon on smooth wood.
• Apply with a long haired natural bristle brush.
• Cleaning of Equipment- Paint thinner or mineral spirits.
• Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish is recoatable in 24 hours minimum at 68ºF (20ºC) and 65% relative humidity.
• During application, moisture content of the wood should not exceed 18%.
• Do not apply when wet weather conditions or frost/dew are forecasted within 5 hours of application.
Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish Resources
• Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish MSDS Sheet
Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish Shipping
• Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish may not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. restrictions.
Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish Use Restrictions
Sikkens Cetol DEK Finish is not permitted for use in the South Coast Air Quality Managment District (SCAQMD) which includes all or part of the following counties of California:
|• Los Angeles
||• San Bernardino